*NOTE - NEW ITEM ADDED TO LIST - BEANIES/KNIT HATS*
We have already had an amazing response, and have all of our hats. WOW! THANK YOU!
When I first made my goal of putting together 50 totes for Huntsman Cancer Institute, I was worried that I had set my sights too high, and that we wouldn't make it there. I was worried that my ambitious declaration would fall a little short. I knew that no matter how many we were able to make, it would be a good thing...but I REALLY wanted to make a big impact by donating 50 totes.
We have already had an amazing response, and have all of our hats. WOW! THANK YOU!
When I first made my goal of putting together 50 totes for Huntsman Cancer Institute, I was worried that I had set my sights too high, and that we wouldn't make it there. I was worried that my ambitious declaration would fall a little short. I knew that no matter how many we were able to make, it would be a good thing...but I REALLY wanted to make a big impact by donating 50 totes.
Well...I am happy to announce that we have officially reached that goal!
The donation pile as of December 1st. Since then many of these piles have doubled...and some new piles have been formed.
| Mints, gum, Starbursts, Paper, Puzzle books, Playing cards, Magazines |
| Chapstick, Sanitizer, Lotion, Biotene mouthwash, Nail files |
| Totes, blankets, socks |
And the even better news...we are now close to having 70 totes*.
I wish - SO MUCH - that I could personally thank every single person responsible for getting us here, but there are so many anonymous givers and organizations with multiple people that I am not sure that is possible. But if you happen to be reading this...THANK YOU!
I am blown away at 1. The kindness and generosity people have shown, and 2. The power of social media.
I know there are many who have given that personally know Ben, and want to do this to honor him. But I also know there are many that have never met him...or even anyone in my family...that have helped and given to our cause.
So I say - again - THANK YOU!
As another announcement, I am now making a NEW goal. 100 totes! I will keep the list on my blog updated to get us to the new goal. We will also be extending our deadline for donations to the end of December/beginning of January.
We will still assemble and deliver our first 50 totes before Christmas as planned, but we will continue gathering and assembling as many as we are able to.
So...100 totes, here we come!
*We are at about 70 totes with the combination of items donated as well as monetary donations
No comments:
Post a Comment