![]() |
| Two examples of cards |
If you are looking for an easy little service project to get your kids involved with, consider making some "Get Well" cards to go in our Huntsman Totes! We had originally planned to have the grand kids make all the cards, but when the Tote project took off and got as big as it has, we realized that having 10 little kids (3 of which are babies...so really 7 little kids) make 100+ cards was just too much. So I am opening this up to everybody now!
Ben has every card/picture/note drawn by the kids hanging on his mantle and railing where he can see them every day. He won't let anybody take them down or change them out. They are important to him, so we think cards from children are important to add to the totes.
![]() |
| You can see many of the cards behind him hanging on the railing...his mantle is just as full. He LOVES his nieces and nephews. |
We have just given our kids construction paper, markers and stickers and let them do whatever they want. We wrote things like "Get Well Soon" or "Have a Happy Day" as well as "From {Child's First Name}, Age {child's age}".
Unlike with other donations, I do need to know ahead of time if you are wanting to do this so I can have a running total of cards.
I am not limiting how many we need, just wanting to know if I will have enough to put more than one in each tote. The patients won't mind having a stack of "Get Well" cards if we get enough. So that is not a concern.
We are delivering our first 50 totes on Sunday. The other 50 will go out after the New Year (sometime early January...no set date yet).
If you are interested, you can email me at camille.davis1@gmail.com and I can either get you an address to mail them to us (if you live far away) or drop them off, or you can give me an address to pick them up.
Thank You!


No comments:
Post a Comment