I have some major catching up to do on things that we have been doing "in the meantime". Including Molly's 1st birthday (which will have to be a separate post) and assembling our Huntsman Totes (another blog post as well)
So, let's get started shall we?
First up, we made "snow globes". They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped (note to self, next time use WIDE MOUTH jars) but we still had a ton of fun.
Basically - you take a picture of your kids pretending to be in the snow. (The lack of shoes wasn't an issue since their feet were going to be covered anyway). You then print out the pictures, cut them out and laminate them. You then take the lid of a jar (again..next time we will use wide mouth jars) and hot glue little Christmas things on it with the picture. Fill the jar with water and glitter, put the lid on, turn upside down and ta-da...just like that you have a snow globe.
We had a problem when we tried getting the lid on and the opening wasn't big enough. It popped the things off the lid, so then they were floating around aimlessly. Claire's turned out really good though.
Next up, I needed to get my craft on, so I decided to make a wreath for my parent's door. It was so empty and bare before and was just SCREAMING for a wreath.
We also took the girls to Home Depot to see Santa and Mrs. Claus. They were wondering if he was the real Santa until I said, "Those that don't believe, don't receive." They quickly said, "Oh yeah, he was DEFINITELY the real Santa, I believe!" I'm not going to lie...we were slightly disappointed that Molly didn't cry. She just stared at him. But I guess wanting our child to be tortured for the sake of a funny picture is pretty terrible...so I take it back. We are glad she didn't cry.
Well...that should do for now. I will have to work on the other posts at another time.
Also, if you missed out on "Jingle Chins", please scroll down to the next post and enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment