Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pre-Christmas Celebrations

So...here's the deal.  I am physically and emotionally exhausted.  2012 has been a long and grueling year in more ways than one.  And at times - like now - it has left me without the ability to form a good or complete thought, let alone create a blog post.  However, I do not want memories to go undocumented...so to oblige my future self, I am going to try and do my best.

Before Christmas, we made gingerbread houses.  And not just any old ordinary gingerbread houses, but we made Barbie gingerbread houses.

Uh...yeah...they exist.


Brielle got just about as much frosting on the table and herself as she did on her house.

Claire was actually pretty good at using the piping bag and was being very careful.

Addison (house on the left) told me where to squirt some frosting and then she very carefully lined candy up in a row on it.  I am always surprised that our little wrecking ball can be so careful and meticulous with things like this.


The Sunday before Christmas, I surprised the girls with new Christmas dresses.  They were very fancy and frilly, and the girls loved them.  When we got home from the Christmas program at church, we asked the girls to quickly let us take a picture.  We always focus our attention mostly on Addison to try and get smiles for the pictures....so we didn't notice Brielle until we were done and they had already changed.  I'm not going to lie, I was a bit annoyed at first when I was going through the pictures and realized that she was making a face in almost every single one.  But I have since let it go and laugh at the pictures.

We were so glad Addison was smiling...if only we had looked to the left...oh well.

Then we told the girls to go ahead and make a silly face...because we had assumed they had been nicely posing for the previous pictures...

 Silly girls.

No comments: