Today Claire turns 3!
(Don't let this face fool you...she is one crazy girl!)
Claire has always been our spunky little girl. She has a fiery personality to match the red hair. She is non-stop action and entertainment and has never been bored in her life (as far as I've witnessed). She can make fun anywhere she goes.
Claire thinks she speaks a foreign language, I would say it's a combination of Tongan and Chinese. The are are a lot of "hongy, tongy, noni, clicky, mocki, nani" type words. She will follow me around speaking her language and laughing at herself, not even trying to get a response from me.
Claire is very sweet and tender - even though she is also fiery and adventerous. She is the first to give people hugs and kisses and to apologize for anything and everything.
I asked Claire how to spell her name and she said, "E........R......6?" Pretty close, right? :) She then changed her mind to, "C....M...R...E?"
Her Batman obsession has kept us all laughing and scratching our heads at the same time. She insisted on a Batman cake "where Batman is holding a candle" from the moment I first mentioned her birthday. As the day approached, however, she upped the ante by changing her request to a "Batman Princess Cake".
Uh...come again?
But, I couldn't turn her down...plus I was up for a fun little challenge.
So I did my best to make a Batman Princess cake.
She thought that pink frosting was sufficient enough for the princess part and was THRILLED about the black Batman part. You'll note that her toy Batman is standing next to the cake, I couldn't get him balanced on the top...however he IS holding a candle in his hand. I was happy with how the Batman symbol turned out on top of the cake and would call it a success.
(For the curious people...I found the Batman symbol online, enlarged it and printed it off. Then I put it on the cake, and traced with a toothpick. I then piped the outline in black frosting and filled it in with a star shaped frosting tip.)
And last but not least, here is a cute video of Claire.
(Maybe a little lengthy...but she is just so funny. Marty has taught her all of the "what does ____ say". I also particularly like the face she makes when me and Brielle sing her happy birthday...it's like she is pleased with her loyal servants attempt.)
Happy Birthday!
Claire has always been our spunky little girl. She has a fiery personality to match the red hair. She is non-stop action and entertainment and has never been bored in her life (as far as I've witnessed). She can make fun anywhere she goes.
Claire thinks she speaks a foreign language, I would say it's a combination of Tongan and Chinese. The are are a lot of "hongy, tongy, noni, clicky, mocki, nani" type words. She will follow me around speaking her language and laughing at herself, not even trying to get a response from me.
Claire is very sweet and tender - even though she is also fiery and adventerous. She is the first to give people hugs and kisses and to apologize for anything and everything.
I asked Claire how to spell her name and she said, "E........R......6?" Pretty close, right? :) She then changed her mind to, "C....M...R...E?"
Her Batman obsession has kept us all laughing and scratching our heads at the same time. She insisted on a Batman cake "where Batman is holding a candle" from the moment I first mentioned her birthday. As the day approached, however, she upped the ante by changing her request to a "Batman Princess Cake".
Uh...come again?
But, I couldn't turn her down...plus I was up for a fun little challenge.
So I did my best to make a Batman Princess cake.
She thought that pink frosting was sufficient enough for the princess part and was THRILLED about the black Batman part. You'll note that her toy Batman is standing next to the cake, I couldn't get him balanced on the top...however he IS holding a candle in his hand. I was happy with how the Batman symbol turned out on top of the cake and would call it a success.
(For the curious people...I found the Batman symbol online, enlarged it and printed it off. Then I put it on the cake, and traced with a toothpick. I then piped the outline in black frosting and filled it in with a star shaped frosting tip.)
And last but not least, here is a cute video of Claire.
(Maybe a little lengthy...but she is just so funny. Marty has taught her all of the "what does ____ say". I also particularly like the face she makes when me and Brielle sing her happy birthday...it's like she is pleased with her loyal servants attempt.)
Happy Birthday!
10 comments:
Happy Birthday to Claire! Such a cute cake. You are so creative!:)
Very impressed with the cake. You are a great mom. Claire sure is a silly, sweet girl! Happy birthday Claire!
Happy Birthday to Claire. You did a good job on the cake... cute!
I loved the video and the cake. My kids keep watching the video and laughing saying "Oh Claire"! XOXOXO from us!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE! YOU'RE AWESOME BATMAN!
She is so cute! The cake turned out great! Happy Birthday Claire!
She is darling. I love the video. Your children are all beautiful, and it is amazing how none of them look alike. What a fun mom you are!
Love the cake and the video - you rock as a mom!
Happy Birthday Claire!
LOL! i LOVE that video. My favorite parts were probably
1st when you asked her what 3 year olds do and she says, "go potty!" ha ha
2nd when she dances her head to the beat when you're singing happy birthday.
she's a character! so cute!
So cute. My 3 year old is turning four and she wants a spiderman tea party. Cynthia's mom is my husband's aunt and she told me about your blog. I love it. Thanks for the tip about the stencil on the cake. I will have to try that.
Brookeh
http://veemoments.blogspot.com
Post a Comment