Saturday, May 1, 2010

5 Months, Already? Where does the time go?

Two months ago I was wishing, hoping and praying for Addison to get just a little older.  I knew she would grow up fast, and wanted her to be a baby...it's just that I craved more sleep, I wanted her to be able to play and not need to be held all the time.

Now that she's 5 months old she is rolling both ways (luckily she doesn't put it together to get anywhere though) sleeping MUCH better, happy to play on the floor for longer stretches by herself, and trying to sit up (a little bit). 

I took one look at this picture and felt sad.  I suddenly wished for my tiny little baby who needed more attention back!  I went through the same thing when Claire was around 5-6 months.  Marty always reminds me that I already have a baby and that getting baby hungry right now is just CRAZY!

I know he is right.  I don't really want another baby right now.  But how can you not want a little more of this?
I guess the funny thing about wanting your kids to grow up is that you will always get just that.  Suddenly, it seems overnight, your baby isn't so much a baby anymore. 

6 comments:

Mike and Michelle said...

It's true. I was just thinking about that last night and feeling very sad that my babies are growing up! She is adorable by the way!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Such a cute picture. They do grow up way too fast.

Cleverly Triple said...

she is SO SO SO adorable! i cant believe she's 5 months?! it's true time flies by way too quickly and sometimes it's due to our wishing it would....then you realize what you've done and wish it'd slow down!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

She is SO CUTE! I'm so sad that I have to move Brooklyn out of her bassinet soon. They really grow so fast.:(

Brittany said...

She is so precious. I can see why you would miss that sweet angelic baby. But she must be doing lots of fun things right now. I have to remind myself to savor the moments, I'm guilty of wishing time away.

Emily said...

Oh man, I can't believe how much she's changed since Christmas! June can not come soon enough!! I am so excited to have her and Brooklyn next to each other, it will be so fun!