Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Girl Formerly Known as Claire, Part II.


I thought I would update you all on this post about Claire...I mean Elizabeth, or Elibeth...whatever. (She just completely leaves out the ZA.  She still does the same emphasis on the syllables, just skips over that one.)

A few hours after she first announced she was "Elibeth", I had this conversation with her:

Claire:  My name is Elibeth.

Me:  Elibeth? (Purposely saying it how she does, instead of correctly.)

C:  No, Elibeth.

M: Your name is Elibeth?

C:  NO...ELIBETH!

M:  Elibeth?

C:  NO, Mommy...my name is E.L.I.B.E.T.H! (saying it very slowly)

M:  I know, your name is Elibeth.

C:  NO, ELIBETH!!

M:  I've never heard of the name Elibeth.

C:  Not ELIBETH, mommy, E.L.I.B.E.T.H!!! (as if slowing down the mispronunciation - again - would make me understand)

M:  Hmm...well, can I just call you Claire?

C:  (Looking a bit annoyed with me) Yes, you can call me Claire.  I was kidding, I'm not Elibeth anymore.

M:  Okay, if you're sure.  I will call you Claire now.


I'm such a great mom for torturing her in to giving up on the name. :) 

It's nice to have our Claire back.  

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Ha ha ha! That's a clever way to get her to go back to Claire. I can imagine how frustrated she probably was. :)

Aspen said...

Welcome to the land of torturing your children in order to get your own way. Why do you think I gave them wedgies? ;)

Emily said...

I love it! So funny.

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Sounds like she lasted just about as long as her mom... lol