Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Your Request is My Command...

Today Brielle's preschool was cancelled due to the host's kids being sick. 

So when Brielle woke up this morning (well, technically all the kids woke up...) I realized I had two options.  1. Do nothing and have the most lazy/boring day EVER and try not to go crazy with the whining kids.  2. Let Brielle decide what she would like to do (because the other two are perfectly happy to sit at home with nothing to do.)

I must quickly say that before you continue reading and think I'm a super fantastic mom, I would like to point out that the following is NOT really all that normal...just so you can continue thinking I'm a mediocre mom, because I am that...at best.

In a moment of pure amazingness I decided to choose option 2.  So I asked Brielle what she would like to do today.  I was expecting things like, "go to the park, go to the library, paint a mural, sew homemade princess dresses by hand with a needle and thread".

But I have to say I was completely shocked at her request!

"I want to take a long shower in YOUR shower mom, for as LONG as I want."

This was a request I was happy to give her.  She was in need of a bath anyway.  So she spent 20 minutes in my shower, all the while singing, laughing and asking if it was okay to use my soap/shampoo/pick etc. while she was in there.  I was nice - again (look at me on a roll!) - and let her use them all.  I did draw the line at her using my shaving cream and razor however.

When she got out, she made her next request:

"Mom, I want you to help me get ready just like you would after a shower.  Is this how you dry yourself?  Is this how you comb your hair? Can I have that armpit stuff on me?  Will you make my hair curly like yours and even let me use jello? (jello=gel)"

I had to deny her request for the "armpit stuff" but did do her hair just like I would do mine after a shower...including the "jello".
And might I add that she looks super cute with her hair like this...even though there's hardly any curl in her hair and it will probably be flat and stiff within a few hours.  But for now, she thinks she is hot stuff.

Claire then followed the example and asked me to do her hair in a pony tail like mine was.

She BARELY has enough hair for that...and it's already mostly fallen out.  But hey, she was happy about it.

And Addison is just happy to be playing in her new favorite toy.



Right now the kids are playing a game together.  But the requests have been made for more activities today.  They will include, "watching a movie together, typing on the computer, have fun with mom, Uno Spin, play outside with mom."

Who knew I was such a popular lady?

3 comments:

Cleverly Triple said...

such a cute idea! your girls personalities are so adorable! look how big addison is getting too!

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

That is so cute, I love it!

Marinda said...

You are abosolutely the coolest mom. I'll have to try that someday with my boys. Only, I'm guessing they'll make different requests!