Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Brielle!

Today Brielle turns 5!





My favorite things she said in the first 20 minutes of being awake:


"Wakey, Wakey! I'm 5!!"

"Mom, aren't you forgetting to sing me happy birthday?"


"Mom, aren't you forgetting about my cake?"


"Do you know why the house is decorated like this? It's because today I'm 5! It's my birthday!!"


"Daddy is NOT supposed to work on my birthday!"


"Today's my birthday, so I get to do ANYTHING I want! Can I even choose what I get to drink with breakfast?"


I'm pretty sure she's not at all excited.

I made her cake yesterday and today. It's SUPPOSED to be a princess castle, but it turned out a little topsy turvey. However, Brielle LOVES it and couldn't be more excited. So, that's all that matters, right?




I regretted questioning her request for a "square chocolate cake with white frosting" right away as she quickly changed her mind to a "castle". Seeing as I'm a sucker for making a big deal out of birthday's, and we're away from home where a party would have happened, I just couldn't say no.



Happy Birthday Brielle!

WE LOVE YOU!


(This is a little "interview" I did when she first woke up this morning about being 5 years old. Please excuse 1. My stuffy nose voice, my allergies are terrible. 2. Her crazy hair - she just woke up. 3. The red juice mustache, that is leftover from yesterday even AFTER scrubbing. 4. Claire trying to get in on the shot and sing the ABC's. She's such an attention hog.)



10 comments:

Emily said...

Brooklyn and I LOVED the video montage interview! So hilarious! {Brooklyn sat still watching the whole time!}

Awesome cake Betty Crocker! You rock!

Happy Birthday Brielle!

Cynthia Mann said...

Wow, I love your cake!!! Great job!!

Happy birthday to Brielle!

Aspen said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite 5 year-old!! I love the cake, it turned out great! I refuse to let my children see it because I can't handle attempting to make one myself. You're always making me look bad ;)

Love you guys!

Brenda Smith said...

Such a darling video! Great Cake too!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Brielle!!!

Brittany said...

That's the cutest thing I've ever seen! Such a sweet little voice. Claire was cute too coming in like that. I think the cake turned out great! I might have to get lessons for Ashlyn's cake next year. Happy Birthday Brielle!

Cleverly Triple said...

LOL! your girls are SO cute!
A-MAZING cake! HOLY! you need to teach me your skills!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

So cute! I love the cake!! Happy Birthday Brielle!!:) Can you believe we have 5 year olds?! Crazy!

Mike and Michelle said...

That is so cute! The cake looks great to me! 5 years old wow! Crazy! I hope she had a great birthday.

Kati said...

:) That was so cute!! Brielle was born on my wedding day! I will always remember how old she is. Happy birthday. (a week late)

Abbi has the same jammies as Claire.