(Oh to be young and skinny again....)
This may come as a bit of a surprise to people, but me and Marty are not known for being mushy gushy with each other in front of other people.
But I would like to take a minute...just sitting right there....to tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air...oh, wrong story.
I'm sorry, I just can't help myself sometimes.
Anyway, back to me and Marty. While I don't write love notes on the mirror out of the steam while he's showering (in my defense, he showers at a CRAZY early time in the morning...and I like my sleep), or leave love notes in his pocket or plan elaborate dates and surprises for him, I do love him...VERY much.
One time I put a couple dollars in his pocket so he could get a Gatorade at school...I mean really, does it GET more romantic??
Sometimes I actually think to myself, "I sure hope everyone is this in love with their spouse". It's just that we normally keep it between us.
(Have you ever seen a more attractive couple? I wanted to embarrass Marty today...but decided I'd embarrass me as well...now that's true love!)
But today I think Marty deserves to be publicly recognized (or humiliated...however you want to look at it). Not a day goes by that Marty doesn't have me laughing. He is the glue that holds me together! He has never gotten mad at me, never raised his voice at me, never put me down, never argued with me (except about driving), never made me feel inadequate or incapable. He shows the same respect to our girls and I can only hope that some day they will find a man half as amazing as their daddy.
We've never really taken the easy route in life. In our 6 years together we have:
- Had 3 children
- Moved 6 times (7th coming in a couple months)
- Had 8 different cars
- Marty has had 6 different jobs (8 if you count part time night jobs)
- Joined the Army
- Left the comfort of "home"
The list really could go on and on...but I won't bore anyone anymore.
I love you Marty! Thank you for loving me - Come What May!

5 comments:
Awww, that's sweet. And really not over the top mushy gushy either. You two are so cute together. And wow, you've been through a lot in a few short years! Yikes! I think I'd be completely gray! ou guys are a good example to your girls,a nd teh rest of us.
Awe, so cute. Happy Anniversary!
LOL. you're so funny.
Happy Anniversary! (late)
Happy Anniversary!! Sorry I'm a little late...;) Your married life sounds like ours! Besides the whole army thing. I hope you had a wonderful day!
Very clever, witty, and sweet all at the same time! You guys have had quite the six years!
Post a Comment