Last night - as an "early birthday present" to both Brielle and Claire I took them to Disney on Ice.
Have you ever tried to explain to a 4 (almost 5) year old that something is an early birthday present? She was VERY confused and kept saying, "But today isn't my birthday. How can this be a present for my birthday if today isn't even my birthday?" "You mean even though today isn't my birthday you're letting me have this as a present?"
I didn't even attempt to explain it to Claire.
The night was magical for Brielle. She clapped, laughed, yelled and screamed the whole way through the show, talking to the characters, warning Mickey of the spooky ghosts behind him, telling Tiana (Princess and the Frog) not to leave because she wanted a hug and just completely being enthralled in every part of it. We got a few giggles and looks from people around us, and normally I would have been embarrassed, but I just couldn't stop my sweet girl from enjoying every single aspect of the show.
Claire on the other hand sat in silence most of the show. She is overwhelmed easily by new situations, big crowds and chaos. Uh..hello, have you been to Disney on Ice? It is all of the above. Her eyes did light up as she saw the characters she recognized and she did get upset when Tiana started to leave. But she didn't start gushing about it and talking about it until we were home and it was over. Then the girl went in to full detail telling Marty all about who she saw.
I am SO glad I decided to splurge on this and take the girls. It was a fun night, and so much fun to be able to spend it with my two big girls.
(A HUGE thanks to Marty who stayed home with the baby and put her to bed!!)
Here are a couple pictures and a little video of the girls right before the show started.
(I particularly like the "Woot, Woot" from Brielle.)
8 comments:
LOL brielle's woot woot is adorable!
i can't wait to take my kids to disney on ice....claire and brighton sound a lot a like. i think brighton would have the same reaction...
the woot woot did it for me too! ha ha ha! Still laughing!
Glad you guys had so much fun - you are an awesome mom!
EMILY
That was hilarious, where did she get the woot woot from?
I have NO idea where she gets the woot woot from. I'm sure it was on a show or movie we watched. It's funny the things I don't notice that she picks up.
So fun you went!!!
But let's be honest, I'm guessing those pink whirly twirly's cost more than the tickets!! j/k
When we went to a Disney Live show I paid 12.00 dollars for a snow cone. Completely criminal!!
Oh my gosh - Ali - SO true! I can't BELIEVE how much that junk, uh, I mean wonderful stuff cost. :)
Looks like fun! We'll have to go sometime. I think Charlie would love that!
I love the "woot woot" your girls are so adorable!
Post a Comment