House projects kind of took a break for a while. I went on a girls trip, then my mom and sister came down for a visit, then it was the 4th of July...so we've been busy avoiding projects.
But I'm BACK people! And this time, I'm ready to reveal the kitchen.
Before was a like a snapshot from the 1990's...nothing against that time, just that I wanted a little updating. Between the white cupboard knobs, the green counters, the green tile floor and the mis-matched appliances, I felt like the kitchen was going to be quite a project and that we'd just have to "deal with it" for a long time. It was totally livable, nothing broken or in disrepair...just not exactly our style.
But I'm BACK people! And this time, I'm ready to reveal the kitchen.
Before was a like a snapshot from the 1990's...nothing against that time, just that I wanted a little updating. Between the white cupboard knobs, the green counters, the green tile floor and the mis-matched appliances, I felt like the kitchen was going to be quite a project and that we'd just have to "deal with it" for a long time. It was totally livable, nothing broken or in disrepair...just not exactly our style.
I am happy to report - however - that with some very inexpensive changes and decorating, it looks much better. At some point we will do new flooring and change the mis-matched appliances (a dream I have...but am trying to stifle). But for now I am loving the kitchen.
To bring our kitchen closer to the current decade, we: changed all the cabinet knobs
took down the vertical blinds and hung curtains, changed the light fixture over the table (I still plan to paint the metal parts of the ceiling fan to match the new light fixture), changed the faucet and painted the counters.
I tried to get similar after pictures to match the before ones...but I didn't do a perfect job.
But you get the idea.
************************
************************
************************





No comments:
Post a Comment