Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!


Shifting back into happy life gear, we enjoyed a nice 4th of July today at home as a little family.

And it was super great.

My sister - Emily - kept offering us to go do fun stuff with them.  A parade, possibly exploring in the mountains to escape the heat etc., but I was a huge jerk and turned her down.

We aren't morning people - so no parade (they started at 8:30 a.m. here!  As a matter of fact, it was Emily's text message with a picture of her kids waiting at the parade that woke me up...)

We didn't want to hold them back in their exploring - so no mountains with them

And we just purchased a freaking sweet deal of a swimming pool - so we didn't want to escape the heat.

Here is a re-cap of our day.

The girls all ready to hit the pool.


We spent two and a half hours doing this:
Molly had already gone in for her nap...so the yellow tube was just holding toys. at this point.

We came in for lunch and a little quiet time, and Addison did this:

I then put the girls to work getting the corn on the cob ready for our BBQ.

After our yummy dinner, it was time to hit the pool again

I asked the girls to all get together so I could take a group picture.  
That went like this:

 After we were done swimming, we got cleaned up and put on pajamas for some fireworks.  We're lucky enough to not be in the restricted firework area, so we got to do it in the comfort of our own driveway.  Plus I didn't have to do anyone's hair or care at all about what they were wearing...obviously.

 It was a great holiday spent together.  We are sure blessed with a great little family...although we missed the bigger celebrations with the whole extended family, it's nice to have time to ourselves to make fun memories as well.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I am seriously jealous about that pool! Glad you guys had such a fun day.

Parrish Family said...

What a fun fourth. It looks so relaxing!!! :)