Wednesday, February 6, 2013

'Til We Meet Again...

Absolute Freedom
Today, the world feels a little bit sadder.  The world has said goodbye to an incredible man.

Ben's spirit has returned to Heaven, leaving his cancer invaded body behind.  A body that has held him prisoner for the last two years, and, I'm sure, caused him more than a little frustration.

While I am incredibly sad, and the grief is hard, I am happy for Ben.  Happy that he is free of his suffering.  I imagine he is running, jumping, taking deep breaths, hugging people, and laughing.  All things he hasn't been able to do for quite a while.

I think of his amazing wife, Sara, who sat by his side through so many horrible moments and never wavered. Always a constant caregiver, she is a true example of unconditional and Christlike love.  I will forever be grateful for her loving my brother, and for being a wonderful example to everyone around her.

Ben will be missed beyond words.  Him passing away leaves an enormous gap in my heart that will never be filled.  But I know I will see him again.

God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again.

No comments: