Ben was a champion at everything he tried. Some of his top earning activities were:
-Cheating at Uno
-Building stuff
-Driving stuff
-Teasing his sisters (or was that just me?)
-Burping contests
-Dead legs
-Facial contortions
-Using his big brown puppy dog eyes to get whatever he wanted from mom and dad...but I'm not bitter or jealous, not at all. Just that my blue eyes never got the same reaction. I'm just saying.
But there was one activity that he excelled far above and beyond anybody else.
And that would be the game of Life.
And sure, maybe he cheated like crazy, but I think he also just really lucked out. He landed on every single good space there was, while the rest of us were stuck paying out restitution and junk throughout the board. He always ended up being a doctor or lawyer, and we'd get the lowly teacher or NO job. He always landed in the mansion at the end, while we were at the loony bin (or whatever the end was).
And it seems so incredibly fitting now, because he has landed in the ultimate mansion on high after going through his own game of 'Life' perfectly...and here we are, left behind in the 'loony bin', looking up at that mansion wishing we could be with him.
But we've still got more 'Life' to play, and this time - by golly - we're going to JOIN him in that mansion at the end!
2 comments:
That is a great game and he did live a great life with lots of love and compassion towards everything. Great post.
Thank-you so much for your example during this difficult time for your family; it really has been so inspirational to me. I wish I had had your strength and faith when I lost my mom, it would have made my life much easier. You and your family are on my mind and in my prayers. I didn't know Ben personally, but I feel truly happy for him.
Post a Comment