Friday, October 2, 2009

Reconnected!!



Reconnected and it feels SO good!!



Today the cable company sent a guy out to install our phone. We were very confused as to why they were doing the phone today and the cable and internet tomorrow...some things will never make sense. However when the guy was here he said, "Why wouldn't I do it all at once? I'm here, so might as well." And we have now re-entered the world of internet and cable TV in our home! The kids have already watched an hour of cartoons and I have spent an equal amount of time on the internet...am I not so awesome?! Don't worry...we're just so excited we can't stand it, we will not let this become a habit.




Anyway, I thought I'd post a couple pictures of the girls and how they are adjusting to life here in Texas.
*
*
Claire has fallen in love with the backyard....particularly the dirt pile you can see behind her.In case you didn't see the joy she had in the dirt well enough...Brielle has upped her fashionista moments and kept asking me to take her picture while she posed. She also chose the headband as her perfect accessory for the day, I personally think she looks smashing!Here is the joy this child felt over the new little puppy we had.

Yes...HAD. Unfortunately due to some unforeseen allergies (okay, really I'm just allergic to Texas but it did put me over the edge) and a bit of a wake up call, our little puppy only lasted in our house 2 days before we admitted defeat. He whined a lot...which I can't blame the poor guy, he had been living with a TON of dogs and then - BAM - all alone in a cage. It hit me one day while listening to him whine that in a little less than 2 months we will have a newborn in our home and that between crying and puppy whining I was pretty sure I'd lose my mind.

The girls have accepted it well. We told Brielle that the puppy had just come to have a sleepover with us and to have some fun but that he was crying so much because he really needed to go back to be with his mommy.

Marty then promised her that if she worked hard and filled up her GIANT piggy bank with gold dollars he will take her to Disneyland when it's full. Poor thing...she has two gold dollars, I'm pretty sure it's going to take a few hundred at least to fill it up. But it seems to be just the distraction she was in need of.

So that about sums it up. Besides the multiple bug bites (seriously, what's with all the bugs?!) things are going well. I am glad we are back in business here with the computer and internet and will now begin a little bit of updating WITH pictures....of course after we finish unpacking and actually TAKE the pictures. :)

5 comments:

Aspen said...

WELCOME BACK! I've missed you. Is it possible that the girls have actually changed in the long month since I've seen them? (sniffle). I must say how relieved I am to see that Brielle has not lost her Hannah Montana watch... at least some things are still the same !

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Yay!! I'm so excited you are back! I love that picture of Brielle posing! What a little Diva!:)

The Tilley Turf said...

Claire cracks me up, those pictures are awesome! I'm glad you have internet now. Always a good feeling!

Brittany said...

So happy to have you back! Sounds like Brielle will be getting lots of gold dollars from fellow bloggers! :) We'll help her get to Disneyland faster! (Which reminds me, can you email me your new street address?) Brielle really is a lil diva, you're in trouble when she's a teenager! Maybe Claire will balance her out and play in dirt forever. But probably not. :)

Emily said...

I love the latest character traits the girls have - those poses are absolutely hilarious to me! It's sad to realize they're still growing and we're missing some of it - thank goodness you're reconnected now! So we can have pictures etc to keep up with!