Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween - Part II



Who gets sentimental over Halloween? 

Answer:  ME!


*Side note - yes, Brielle is a princess this time.  She decided last minute she would rather use her original costume.  Also, Marty was in charge of getting Claire dressed...thus the awesome Elmo socks.*

Strange as it is, I found myself fighting back tears as my little girls went out the door with Marty to trick-or-treat in our new neighborhood tonight. 

It felt weird for a lot of different reasons.  But basically what it really boils down to is that it wasn't Utah.  Things were different.  Traditions weren't in place.

But as Marty keeps reminding me, this is how life is now.  We aren't always going to be surrounded by family and the things we are "used to".

The thing that is important is that the girls had a GREAT time.  They were so excited to sort out their candy and see all they had gotten.  Best thing is they're still so young that a small amount of candy seems monumental! 


I would say we did really great for our first holiday that carries traditions away from home.

Plus...how can you be sad when you get to be with those two beautiful faces every day?

2 comments:

Ali said...

My second year away from the Utah scene was SO MUCH better than the first year.

You're right about having two gorgeous girls (soon to be three!) to spend your days with. But the heartache you feel is totally justified too. I'm sure you're dearly missed.

Emily said...

It's funny this year for me because last year I really didn't care that I wasn't at home - I don't think I even really decorated the house. But this year - with Brooklyn and sitting at home all day, I decorated the house and actually had a desire to see family members Halloween night - so I understand your sentiment!