Thursday, October 29, 2009

An Early Halloween

Last night was our ward chili cookoff/trunk or treat.  The girls had a great time and we enjoyed not having to cook interacting with our new ward members.

Yesterday morning I let the girls know that it was the trunk or treat and they were going to be able to wear their princess costumes they had chosen over a month ago.

Claire froze in her tracks and just looked at me like I was crazy.  She said, "No!  I am NOT going to be princess!  No princess costume, I not be a princess."

I asked her what she wanted to be and she - without hesitation - says, "I want to be a SUPER HERO!  I want a cape!  I fly around and be a super hero!"

Crazy kid - I couldn't resist it though and we went back to the BX to see what our options were. 


Brielle felt that this was very unfair and that she too should have a second costume. 



So, in the end even though I had TRIED to plan ahead by getting them princess costumes, they both ended up being super hero's and were just absolutely adorable in every way.  They still won't take the costumes off and have spent all day flapping their capes and running around being super hero's who are saving the world.  It's so cute!

I have to say that this whole Halloween thing sure gets more fun as they get older!

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Mike and Michelle said...

How come such little kids have such big opinions?! They are so cute! Love the costumes!

The Tilley Turf said...

Oh wow, they look so adorable Camille! Why does it not surprise me that Claire didn't want to be a princess???

Cleverly Triple said...

LOL! They are ADORABLE in their superhero costumes.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I was Wonder woman when I was little! I still have the costume somewhere!:) They look adorable by the way. Beautiful girls! Just think, next year, you will have another cute girl to dress up!;)