Addison is really starting to come up with some HILARIOUS things lately. She has us laughing all the time (well...when she isn't making us want to scream)
These are just a few of the random things I happened to remember to write down.
******************************
When we were up north visiting and were at Marty's parent's house, the girls' were doing something that happened to kind of gross out Marty's mom (oh how I wish I could remember what it was!). She said something about not being able to watch when people do that. And Addison said to her, "Well, you don't have to watch us."
******************************
Addison was singing 'The Sun Will Come Out' song from Annie, although her words were a little better: "The Sun Will Come Out...TOMORROW....but your bottom....[thinking]...won't."
******************************
Addison was learning about the letter R in preschool, so we were asking her what she wanted to take for show and tell. We started listing things that started with R, and she decided to take a rabbit. She has a hard time saying her R's sometimes, especially if it's at the beginning of a word, although she can easily make the R sound...anyway, we had this little conversation.
Me: So what are you taking for show and tell?
A: A wabbit!
Me: A Rabbit?
A: Yep, a wabbit.
Me: Not wabbit, Rabbit. Say rrrrrr...
A: rrrrrrr
Me: abbit.
A: abbit.
Me: Good, so rrrrrrrr abbit.
A: rrrrrr wabbit.
Me: No, don't pause, just rrrrrabbit.
A: rrrrrr wabbit.
Me: OK, try one more time. rrrrrabbit.
A: rrrrrabbit.
Me: Good job! You said it!
A: Yeah! Wabbit!
Then Marty jumps in and says: "This conversation is getting ridiculous. Can you say ridiculous, Addison?"
Addison: widiclious (our favorite is instead of 'ulous' she says 'lious' so funny)
We gave up.
******************************
Molly slept in one morning, so Marty and I said something about her probably not getting a nap that day. Addison said, "What? No nap for Molly, but then she'll be FWEAKING tired!"
******************************
When I was picking Addison up from preschool one day, she wanted to swing for a minute (her teacher has swings in the front yard hanging from a tree). So I was pushing her and she kept yelling "Mom, do the one! I want you to do the one!" I wasn't sure what that meant, so I kept saying "I don't know what the one is, what do you mean?" She got more and more frustrated and was yelling "THE ONE MOM!" I still had no idea what she was saying. So she finally said, "Mom...you know...with your feet!" and used her fingers like legs and ran across her hand with them. I finally caught on. She wasn't saying ONE, she was saying RUN. This whole not saying R's makes for some funny conversations.
******************************
Addison say's Brielle's name "Bee-elle". It was bothering Brielle the other day, because she assumed Addison was doing it to be annoying. The three of us had this conversation:
Brielle: Addison...my name is NOT Bee-elle! It's BRIELLE!
Addison: I know, Bee-elle.
Brielle: NO, Brielle...with an R.
Addison: Yeah, Bee-elle!
[this goes on for a few minutes]
Me: Brielle, you know she can't always say her R's. She isn't trying to tease you or be mean, she's just saying your name how she can. Remember how we tried to get her to say rabbit and she couldn't?
Brielle: OK.
Addison: Yeah Rabbit (completely pronouncing the R better than ever before)
Me: [looking in disbelief] Seriously? You're going to throw it out now after all that?
She just laughed.
******************************
[This was a Facebook status recently]
Addison keeps bringing me papers that she has folded and claims are "birthday cards" for me, even though my birthday is over a month way. I told her thank you, and she said. "I had to make them, because my boss told me to. He said it's almost your birthday, so I did what he told me." I asked her who her boss was, and she said "A ghost. He lives in a hole in our house. He's kind of dark so I can't see him good. You knock on this tile to talk to him."
................uh............
******************************
While I was doing Addison's hair one morning, she was looking in the mirror and making faces. Then she said, "Look, I can make my nose look like a burrito!" She then opened her mouth up big into an O. I asked her how that made her nose look like a burrito, and she said it was because her mouth was in an oval shape. I said, again, I wasn't sure how that made her nose look like a burrito and she said, "Because...my nose is JUST SO FLEXIBLE!!"
******************************
Me: Oh really?
Addison: Yeah, like it's still you, just different. Did you maybe forget to put your makeup on today?
Me: Nope.
Addison: Well, it looks like you did. So you look different.
Thank you, Addison, for the self esteem boost on my makeup skills.

No comments:
Post a Comment