Some exciting things happening around these parts! We just found out on Monday that our final little baby, #5, is a BOY!
We are shocked and thrilled.
And before you worry that I've jinxed myself by publicly announcing this is our last baby, I am being serious. After already having 4 c-sections, and discussing things between Marty, myself and my doctor, we know this is it and there will be surgical stoppage to more babies after this one. My body can't handle any more...my emotional well being should have probably stopped long ago. :)
I had kind of hoped that we could finish off with a boy, but went in assuming it would be another girl, based on our track record. I would have been happy with a girl, obviously, and already had three girl names to choose from that we loved (Lucy, Charlotte and Grace...in case you wondered). But we are SO excited to get our own little boy! Although I don't have a list of boy names that I really like. It's completely starting over. I have a big list of names I think are "OK" and will have to sort of sort through them I guess.
Anyway, we announced to the girls by doing a box with helium balloons in it. Before they opened it, we asked them what they all thought the baby was. Brielle said girl, Addison said boy, Claire said boy...and Molly is clueless. Then Marty got a phone call, so we had to pause for a minute. He came back and asked again what they thought it was. This time Brielle changed her answer to boy, Addison changed to girl, (she changes her mind every time we ask) and Claire stuck with boy.
We asked Brielle why she changed her mind this time, and she said if it was a girl, we would have probably just said "Hey, this new baby is another girl". But since we're doing a bigger thing, it must be a boy.
Smart girl that Brielle.
Anyway, here are the pictures from announcing to the girls. (We did video too...but I'm not sure how to get that off the camera, we need to find a cord or something.)
Marty was videoing them and asking what they thought the baby was.
Anxiously waiting while Marty was on the phone
Then we told them to go ahead and open the box!
Trying to decide how they feel about it.
Claire was definitely the most excited. Brielle was OK with it (after I assured her that since she's going to be much older than him, he won't be able to torture her like Ben tortured me...guess I should have chosen my stories of growing up with a brother better.) Addison was excited too and can't stop talking about her little brother. Molly just liked having a balloon.
So we'll have the official target ultrasound on the 25th to nail down a due date (it's changed a couple times) but this baby should be joining us late June, early July! SO EXCITED!
No comments:
Post a Comment