Tuesday, June 19, 2012

You want to know WHY I'm so tired?


To answer a fairly popular question:  "Mommy, why are you so tired?"  I give you my night, turned to morning...which unfortunately is not the worst night I've ever had, but it gives a starting point for understanding.

7:00 p.m.  - Molly goes to bed

7:01 - 7:30 p.m. - Fight epic battle with Brielle over getting her nasty loose tooth out once and for all.  (The new tooth has already come partly in and has made the loose tooth stick straight forward.  We referred to it as her snaggle tooth, because we are very loving parents.)  We come out victors.

8:30 p.m.  - Other kids in bed

9:00 p.m.  - Watch a few shows with the hubby

10:45 p.m. - Start getting ready for bed

10:50 p.m. - Molly starts crying.  Because she sleeps in our room, we have to wait until she is asleep to go to bed.

10:50 - 11:30 p.m. - Molly cries, we wait for a while and then settle her with a binky or back rub...lather, rinse, repeat.

11:35 p.m. - Remember I washed the sheets on our bed, but conveniently left them in the dryer.

11:40 p.m. - Hope we've given Molly enough time to be asleep, and sneak in with the sheets to quietly make our bed.

11:41 p.m. - No such luck.  She sees us and cries.

11:42 p.m. - Marty holds Molly while I make the bed.

11:45 p.m. - I surrender and feed Molly and change her diaper.

11:50 p.m. - 12:35 a.m. - Molly is wide awake from watching me make the bed and talks, squeals, whimpers and scratches her crib, keeping me awake...of course Marty can sleep through it.

12:36 a.m. - Brielle wakes up crying.  In her sleep she has somehow scratched a big sore she has, the band aid has fallen off and she can't find it.

12:37 a.m. - Go on a band aid hunt in the kitchen for another large size band aid...can only find small princess one, hope Brielle will be satisfied.

12:40 a.m. - Lay back down...apparently Molly wasn't asleep.  Give her a binky and re-cover her with blanket.

1:00 a.m. - Finally asleep.

5:00 a.m. - Marty's alarm goes off...which means I have to wake up in order to wake him up.  But then I go back to sleep.

5:50 a.m. - Molly is awake again to eat...but goes back to sleep after she's fed.

6:50 a.m. - Addison comes stumbling into my room muttering something about watching a show.  I get her back in bed - we don't get up before 7:30 or 8 in this house.

7:55 a.m. - Molly and Addison both wake up for the day...time to get out of bed.

8:15 a.m. - Brielle and Claire join the crowd.

From here we did breakfast, Molly down for a nap, I shower, Molly awake, do my Relief Society calling (sending out weekly newsletter), feed Molly, make banana bread, do my hair, get Molly down for second nap, feed older kids lunch, get Addison down for a nap, clean up from lunch, make myself lunch, sit down for some peace and quiet for about 15 seconds....and then the circus continued on a similar schedule.



So...does that answer your question?

No comments: