So...let's just get this little tid bit of information out of the way quickly, shall we? I started out this pregnancy overweight. In fact, the appointment I had gone into where blood was drawn (which lead to the discovery of me being pregnant) was actually an appointment to go talk to my doctor about possibly having a thyroid issue or something else, because no matter what I did I had gained roughly 30 pounds in 3 months and me and the doctors were all starting to become concerned.
It was quite discouraging.
It was quite discouraging.
Starting a pregnancy already overweight isn't ideal. I guess if I had to look at the silver lining, it would be that here - at about 25 weeks along - I've only gained 4 pounds (as opposed to my typical 25 by now).
So there's a plus I suppose?
So there's a plus I suppose?
Anyway, I NEVER take pregnancy pictures, because I am not a pretty pregnant person. I just get big all over...there is no cute little perfect bump where I am concerned. But, I also feel that because Marty isn't around he is missing out on all the lovliness that is my largeness. So...this is simply for him.
(Disclaimer: I tried having Brielle take a picture for me...that didn't go so well. I then learned the hard way that you cannot use your flash when taking a picture in a mirror...duh, that should be obvious mirror picture taking knowledge...so we're left with this. You take what you can get though, right? I am obviously not an expert at taking pictures of myself...so awkward. Although, somehow I managed to get the picture to make me look smaller than I am in real life. So I guess that was a small victory.)
(Disclaimer: I tried having Brielle take a picture for me...that didn't go so well. I then learned the hard way that you cannot use your flash when taking a picture in a mirror...duh, that should be obvious mirror picture taking knowledge...so we're left with this. You take what you can get though, right? I am obviously not an expert at taking pictures of myself...so awkward. Although, somehow I managed to get the picture to make me look smaller than I am in real life. So I guess that was a small victory.)
And to think I have 14 weeks left of this (thanks to the C-section being a week earlier than the due date).
Ugh...I hope I survive that much longer!

5 comments:
I think you look great! Can't wait to see the little one!
You look awesome!! I'm so glad you posted a belly pic - you are just baby Camille so nice try - it's a definite baby bump. I also love that shirt you're wearing, super cute maternity shirt! I'm excited to see you and your bump in person soon!
We are in the SAME boat. I'm so frustrated with myself. But, what can you do... can't really diet while pregnant. I should be better about eating, but when nothing but chocolate cupcakes sound good.... I have to eat something, right? right?
Anyway, you are beautiful, really good job on the picture. Wanna come take a slimming belly picture of me. PS - I think the hardest thing is looking like I'm 8 mos pregnant when I'm only 6...*sigh*
We'll hang in there together and work hard afterward to win our BOBF. ;)
Whoa... and sorry for the novel of a comment.
Looking good! *whistle!* What's the secret to gaining only 4 pounds? I need to know! I've already reached the limit I set for myself and I have 10 more weeks. Yikes!
Post a Comment