Friday, June 3, 2011

Be careful what you wish for

You always hear people say "Be careful what you wish for!" 

I am now starting to see the wisdom in that.


Back in April, I posted a status on Facebook saying:

"I could really go for some GREAT news.  Getting tired of the not so great."



The day after posting that on Facebook, I got some unexpected good news.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*



SURPRISE......Baby Davis #4 is on it's way.

And trust me, nobody is more surprised than we were.


(Now, if you care to hear WHY we were so surprised, read on, but this might be lengthy.)

Let me take you on a walk through an interesting timeline.

April 6: Go to doctor to have IUD removed, there is speculation that it is one of the culprits in some unusual symptoms I was having. 

April 15: Get a letter from the doctor about an abnormality that would need a possible biopsy.  Awesome.

April 21:  Go to the regular doctor to have other blood work run, including a "standard" pregnancy test. Dr. gives me his theory of what is going on with me, which wasn't the best.  I post the status about wanting good news on Facebook.

April 22:  Doctor calls in the morning:

D: This is Dr. X (not his real name), I got your lab results from yesterday.
C:  Okay? (He said he would only call if something was positive...starting to worry.)
D: Everything came back normal.
C: Okay? (Confused why he's calling)
D:  Well, except for one.
C:  Okay? (I wasn't sure what else to say)
D:  The pregnancy test...it's positive.
C:  Oh. My. Goodness.
D:  I hope that's good news.
C:  Well, it's not something I'm mad about...it's just a little.....
D:  Inconvenient?
C:  Yeah, sure wasn't planning on that.

And that's how I found out we are expecting baby #4.
I hadn't even missed my period yet. Apparently, this baby was meant to come NOW.

Poor Marty found out when he called me while hiding in a port-a-potty out on the range.
 

So, Merry Christmas to us...because ready or not, Baby #4 is due December 27th!

12 comments:

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Holy cow! Congrats! That is quite a big surprise! :)

Ali said...

Merry Christmas indeed!

Congratulations!!

Emily said...

I'm so stoked! I couldn't have planned it better myself, ha ha ha! Now we'll have two kids close in age, yay for cousins!

Parley and Anna said...

Oh my heavens! I can't believe you didn't tell me! Congratulations! (actually, I CAN believe you didn't tell me, but seriously...you found out from our 4 yr old--c'mon!)

Hooray for another Davis baby! Your kids are so adorable, there should be more of them!

Brittany said...

Wow! It's funny that i just read this. Believe it or not as I was getting ready this morning I was thinking about how big Addison and Brooklyn (Chan's baby that she had about the same time as you) are getting. I thought, "I bet they'll be getting ready to have another one soon!" Ha ha! Weird! Anyway, congrats! You are such good parents. Hope you're feeling ok!!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Awe, congrats! I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck to u and Congrats! Christmas baby how sweet! :)
Liana

Emily said...

Woohoo! How exciting! I wish for you a baby boy to complete your variety pack. :)

Aspen said...

Sweet action! Wouldn't life be so boring without this little "surprises". Love you and can't wait to meet the newest neice...or nephew :)

Kellie and Brian said...

I always wanted to be one of those people that are like, sheesh, I'm exercising and I'm just not losing this belly fat. Better go to the Dr and see whats wrong. What? I'm 7 months pregnant?
So here's for almost making it 7 months along. Well, maybe almost making it 7 weeks. Days? Oye. Pregnancy. CONGRATS!

Sarah Hatch said...

Congrats! Hope you're feeling okay.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Congratulations!! :D :D :D I'm so excited for you!!