It's that time again.....time for KID FUNNIES! Luckily (and surprisingly) there are a few funnies from Brielle this time around as well.
Enjoy!
Brielle: Leroy (name has been changed) was bad today at school and had to get a white slip and go to the office!
Me: Uh-oh, that's not good, did they have to call his parents or something?
Brielle: I don't know what they do to him in the office. Maybe they send him away with a wedgie or something. I don't know, but it can't be good.
Brielle: Mom, I have something bad to tell you. There was a boy in my class whose skin was peeling, so we could almost see his bones! (I still haven't figured this out...but what the heck?)
My parent's don't have cable TV, so the one cartoon channel they have is Qubo. Fortunately it is strictly cartoons, so it's available whenever. Unfortunately instead of commercials, they have small infomercials between the cartoons for all sorts of stuff. Thanks to those infomercials, Brielle knows all about some wrinkle reducing cream and had the following conversation with my mom:
Brielle: Grandma, did you know if you just buy this cream that you could get rid of all those wrinkles on your face?!Grandma: That's okay, I like my wrinkles. I've earned them all, it shows I've lived a good and happy life and I like them. (AWESOME answer in my opinion)
Brielle: Are you sure? When I get older, I'm for sure getting the cream because I do NOT want to have wrinkles.
We've since had a discussion about 1. Being more tactful and 2. Infomercials not being true.
Brielle: Grandma...that shirt you're wearing kind of looks like a boy shirt. (My poor mom.)
Claire: We talked all about M today at school, and a Moose brought us a muffin and left M's all over the room. We read a book called "If You Give a Moose a Muffin". And we practiced writing M's. Oh, and look at my deer antlers we made!
Me: I think they're probably moose antlers...since you talked about moose.
Claire: Well...I'm pretty sure moose are part of the deer family.
Claire's primary teacher here is Sister Cottrell. Claire calls her Sister Quatro.
Claire: Mom, sometimes "parent" sounds a lot like "parrot"...which is crazy, because I don't know if there are parent parrots. Do you?
Claire to my mom: Sometimes grownups talk to themselves.
My mom: Oh yeah, what do they say?
Claire: I don't know, because they talk inside their heads to themselves.
My mom: Yes, they usually call that thinking.
Claire: Oh, I don't think inside my head.
My mom: You don't? Well what do you do when you think?
Claire: Oh, I just scratch my head.
Claire: Mom, I know why Grandma is smaller! (I'm assuming she means smaller than me)
Me: Oh yeah?
Claire: Yep. Because sometimes when people get really old, they start to shrink!
Me: (Laughing) Really?
Claire: Yep. She used to have longer arms, but they shrunk so she's smaller. When she shrinks all the way back to a baby size, how old do you think I'll be?
Me: Uh...she isn't going to shrink back to baby size.
Claire: (Dissapointed) Oh, okay.
Claire has a girl in her class named Lomialagi. This week they're talking about L, so they spotlighted Lomialagi. When Claire came home she said, "We talked about that girl in our class whose name starts with an L. Lomi-a-llama." She isn't so great with names.
Standing at the door watching Brielle walk to school one morning, instead of a typical "Bye Brielle!", Claire yelled out at her, "I have a wedgie!". I"m sure Brielle's day at school went much better knowing that, as well as all the neighbors who heard.
Addison is OBSESSED with coins. If you leave any out within reach, you can guarantee they won't be there when you come back. Her other habit is to put them inside her shirt - which is usually a onesie so they just get stuck in the bottom. I went to change her diaper the other day, and 3 coins fell out of her onesie when I unbuttoned it. It was like being paid to do a gross job!



2 comments:
*LOVE*
I'm so glad Brielle made the funnies list!
Serious note here...stop making us miss you so much!
Post a Comment