Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Claire's First Day of Preschool

I know...two posts in one day, sorry...but I had to also post about Claire's preschool.


Claire FINALLY got to go to her first day of preschool today.  She has been very anxiously waiting this day and constantly asking how many more days until she got to go.

In fact...she woke up about 45 minutes earlier than she normally does, insisted on eating breakfast, getting dressed and getting her hair done with Brielle (who wakes up early for school) and at 8:30 was sitting there completely ready to go to preschool...unfortunately her preschool is in the afternoon at 12:45.  She still had a long wait ahead of her.  Thankfully we were watching my sister's son this morning, so he came and they played which helped pass the time.

I have to admit I was a little sad about her going.  Why do they have to grow up so fast?  This is her first year of preschool - there weren't really any good options for her last year where we were living - so realizing next year she goes to Kindergarten is just crazy.  She will do great, and I know she'll love it!

Here are some more pictures from today:


Apparently the "sun was too bright" in front of the house.  


"Aren't you excited for preschool and to call Daddy after to tell him about it?"




That's a little better

Not sure what she's doing here...I think squealing with excitement.
 


"Want to do some poses?"

At the preschool getting ready to go in.  
I think all the other kids/parents taking pictures and walking around made her a little nervous.


Inside the classroom.  Contrary to how she looks in this picture, she was excited and fine with me leaving.  Again...all the kids and parents walking around was a bit overwhelming to her I think.


So...she's off!  And miraculously enough, she goes to school at the same time as Addison naps, so for three days a week I will have a quiet house for a couple hours in the afternoon (until baby #4 arrives).  I don't know what I'll do with myself!  Probably something really productive like play on the computer or watch TV Court shows.

Good luck Claire!  We sure love our little Batman girl!

1 comment:

Dusty And Mandi said...

So cute! Zoey recently started Preschool too. Of course it's in between Paige's naps... lucky me. Lol. I'm glad Claire did so well, she's adorable.