Thursday, February 17, 2011

Visit from the Tooth Fairy



The big "event" finally occurred.  Brielle lost her first tooth!

It has been doing that nasty thing where they just barely dangle on by a corner, because the child is too scared.  But I finally convinced her to let me pull it out.

Because she was afraid and kept jerking her head away when I'd touch it, we had her lay on the couch with her head on my lap and hold Marty's hand.  Before she could got get out any complaints, I had the tooth out and she was THRILLED. 

She was hoping the tooth fairy would turn her tooth into a kid car (Power Wheel). 

I told her fat chance (using kinder words).

So she said, "Okay, maybe a rocking horse."

I told her there's no way those things would fit under her pillow.  She said she wouldn't mind her pillow being lumpy and having to lay funny for one night.

The Tooth Fairy left her $1.

She was THRILLED!
 
Kids are funny like that.

2 comments:

Dusty And Mandi said...

She is so cute! You're brave, I don't know if I could pull a tooth out. Lol.

The Tilley Turf said...

That's so fun, we are still waiting for that big event with Breckan. No sign of loose teeth yet. I hope I don't have to yank it out like you did!