Phew...that was fun (in a strange, had to work harder than expected, way!)
We have had the same living room furniture/decor for basically our entire marriage. And while I realize that isn't really a big deal, I get antsy and like change (in small forms...no more huge change would be fine with me). New throw pillows, new picture frames, stuff like that. But this year, it was finally time to go BIG with the changes to the living room. As a family of 5, we no longer all fit on our one couch, (or at our dining table...but for now the baby is in a high chair, so we make it work) our TV was starting to get fuzzy lines going through the screen (what do you expect from a SWEET 27" old tube tv?), my throw pillows were starting to come apart at the seems...and since I'm such a seamstress I didn't do anything about it, and basically everything was just starting to feel worn out.
So...I changed it all! YEAH! We sold, bargain hunted, exchanged, rearranged and bought. And our living room is now complete.
So I went back to when I had taken pictures of the living room when we first moved here and tried to take the after pictures from the same spot in the room. Unfortunately it's been GLOOMY around here, so the lighting isn't good. I did my best to do a quick brightening of them with a photo editor, but it's the best I can do.
So...I give you the transformation!
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
Before:
After:
(This isn't in the same spot in the room anymore, but this is the new entertainment center...boy did my husband get SPOILED. He's lucky he found such a ridiculous deal on this stuff.) The lighting is TERRIBLE in this picture, it's a dark hole of a corner.
Before:
Before:
After:
Before:
A better shot of our sectional that we are LOVING!
And a close up of my crazy pillow that I fell in love with and got.
We're loving it! The couch is great, although everyone still tends to congregate on top of each other near the chaise lounge part. The TV is a HUGE improvement from our old one, although even with the size of it the kids still sit right up close. It just feels nice to have a "big change".
8 comments:
I love it! You did such a great job!
Nice that I had to read your blog for details, where's the love? Oh yeah, that's right - that's how we share stuff with each other. :) I LOVE IT! Seriously, such a face lift, I wish you lived here so you could help me do that to my family room. You've got a gift!
Fantastic transformation! I love change like that; always so refreshing! You did a great job!
It looks great! How fun!!!
Wow! You're amazing. I love it. Totally jealous of the new TV, we too have an old tube tv, it takes like 30 seconds for the screen to light up after you turn it on. Oh well. I'll live vicariously through you. ;)
That looks so nice! I too like "small" changes, and don't care for the big ones. :)
It does feel nice to have a big change! It's refreshing to see things in a new setting ;) I love what you did, there aren't so many places to move things around in these old homes, but you have given me hope! :)
Big changes! I love it. You guys have been so busy, I get tired just thinking about it! Looks like all the hard work paid off. I am in love with your couches. I hope we can do the same kind of change around here pretty soon. I'm getting pretty tired of our old tube tv too! (Plus everyone who comes over makes fun of us because we have duct taped cardboard over the buttons to keep tiny fingers away. It's very ghetto!)
Post a Comment