Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Kid Funnies . . . again

I have many posts to catch up on, I know...but I seem to have lost some drive for blogging lately.  I kind of feel like my ability to put into words how I'm feeling has left me, so I start a post, get a few sentences in and give up thinking I'll come back to it.  And I don't.  Anyway, eventually I'll get around to updates for Christmas and what not.  But for now, enjoy some great kid funnies!


********************


I asked Brielle and Claire to clean their bedroom and enjoyed this gem of a conversation:
Brielle: I'm bored!
Claire: No you're not. Being bored means there is no one around to talk to or chat with, nobody to play with, no toys or anything.
Brielle: No it doesn't!
Claire: Yes it does. So would you rather be homeless, eat grass and dirt and pick up worms as pets or clean up a bedroom?
Brielle: *no response - but I imagine a dirty look to her sister*
Claire: That's what I thought.


********************

Claire:
At Costco, we passed two women and a boy who were speaking Spanish to each other.  Claire points and says, kind of loudly, "Hey look, they're Spanish!"  I quietly shushed her and told her it's not nice to point and say things about people - especially when we're that close to them.  She responded: "Why?  They can't understand me."

A little background to this one:  A boy at school said to Brielle, "Who is that midget?" while pointing at Claire.  When we explained to her what a midget was, she said "I am taller than TWO kids in my class!" OK...back to the story.  At Costco (again) we passed a boy that looked to be about 10 years old.  Claire points at him and says, "Mom, is he a midget?"  Uh.....I said "No.  Stop pointing and saying things about people, it's not nice."  She then said to me, "Well, it's just hard sometimes to tell if someone is a midget or just short...and so I thought he was a midget."

Claire likes to refer to people at school as "a brown skin" and "a white skin".  We've tried repeatedly to have her change the way she says that to, they HAVE brown skin or they HAVE white skin.  So far it isn't working.

*sings Skip to my Lou* What is so great about skip to my Lou? Why would you skip to the Lou? Why would you be so happy to go to the bathroom?  Apparently she lived in England in a previous life.

********************


Addison has been providing us with a LOT of material lately.  This kid cracks me up!

Addison:

Addison stopped one of the primary leaders and said, "Can I tell you something?" The leader said sure. Then Addison said, "Sometimes, when I'm tired, I rub my eyes and pick my nose with my hands." We just looked at each other and laughed.  Apparently she has yet to learn that some things are better kept secret.

We were at the grocery store and passed a polygamist woman (we see a lot of them around here).  Addison loudly said, "Look mom!  She looks like she's from a movie!"  The lady kind of looked at us and smiled politely.  I just smiled and kept walking, so embarrassing.  Of course we started to come down the same aisle as her again later, so rather than deal with Addison embarrassing me again, I quickly changed my path to a different aisle. :)


Earlier in December, Addison told me she wants a pretend meatball and a log toy for Christmas. Apparently I could have saved a lot of money on her gifts if I'd have known sooner.

Addison to my mom: Our car isn't a ME-kon, it's a YOU-kon. (Yukon)

The song "There is Sunshine in My Soul" came on and I asked Addison if she had sunshine in her soul. Without skipping a beat she said, "Nope, just dark". That explains lot.

Addison: Yum, I love grapes! Now mom, say to me 'I thought you hated grapes.'
Me: Ok, I thought you hated grapes.
Addison: What?! No, that must have been just a dream you had. I love grapes now.


Addison: Mom, do you remember that ride we rode at Lagoon that we got wet and I was scared, you know, Rattlesnake Bunny?
Me: You mean Rattlesnake Rapids?
Addison: Oh yeah, Rattlesnake Rabbits. It was scary. 

I think we'll call it Rattlesnake Bunny from now on.

No comments: