Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Excuses behind my hiatus

So I've been kind of missing around here on this old blog.  Life has just been stressful lately and I haven't had a lot to write about.  Marty's job has been...well...kind of a joke for the last few months.  What started out as an amazing opportunity with all these promises of greatness has turned out to be kind of a nightmare.

Basically for the last three months, Marty's boss has cut hours - for some unknown reason - leaving us trying to stay afloat while losing a huge portion of our income.  It hasn't been pretty, and we aren't staying afloat very well honestly...but we're trying.  You can only cut out so much groceries and extras to make up for missing income.  Then, you just hope for mercy.

We feel like the rug just got pulled out from under us, leaving us sitting in a dusty, dirty pile of junk.  We've been holding out hopes that things would improve with the job, but they kind of get worse every day.  So apparently, and unfortunately, we're back in the job hunt.

Why??

I am so frustrated and discouraged by it all.  We left family (besides my sister Emily) to move to St. George, bought our first house and were ready to settle down.  And now we're left in a city with no other opportunity, in a house that we can't sell or rent until at least May (there is a 1 year owner occupancy clause with VA home loans), trying to figure things out.  Marty is looking at night jobs, I'm trying to pick up as much transcription work as I can - but really, with four little kids at home it's very hard to get much done.  We're hopeful things will work out.  But at times, I really just want to go yell at this boss guy...or punch him.

And then there's the baby we're having this summer.  Oh yeah, have I failed to mention that on the blog yet?  Well, yeah...baby on the way.  It was such a leap of faith for us to move forward with having another baby.  Both emotionally and physically.  So it feels like why were we pushed to take the leap of faith to have things kind of crumble out from under us?

We do have faith - in spite of it all - that things will work out.  But it will probably be hard and messy getting there.  So please have patience with me as I may neglect the blog while we try to figure things out.

Life sure can be difficult at times!

2 comments:

Marla said...

I am so sorry you are going through this but I also have faith that things will work out! You are loved!!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness Camille! This sounds awful. I'm so sorry! I'll be sending good thoughts your way and things will work themselves out. Good luck and take care.