Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas Fun

This Christmas, we decided to go up north to visit family and then head home to be at our own house for Christmas morning.  It was a whirlwind few days, but so nice to be with family.  I took my camera with me...but didn't take a single picture...seriously...but thankfully my family took a few pictures and emailed them to me.  

Playing in the snow with cousins.  My mom went out with them and took ice cream buckets and they made an igloo.  They were outside playing THE ENTIRE DAY.

Inside the igloo

They wanted a picnic lunch...so we made hot chocolate and cheese quesadillas.  They made seats and a table to enjoy.

My dad built a little race track and got little cars that you pull back and let go, and the kids had a great time racing the cars.

We walked around the Layton City lights

Aunt Sara gave the girls all scarves, they LOVED them!

My parents with the grankids

 The cousins on Sunday, all dressed in their Christmas best


We got home Christmas Eve night, unpacked from our trip, got ready for Santa to come and opened up Christmas jammies.


After getting one decent picture, I told them to make silly faces.  They take that very seriously.

Christmas morning came...and luckily the kids all slept in until about 8, which was wonderful.  I only took a few pictures, but that will have to do.  

We enjoyed the quiet, lazy day with nowhere to be.  
It was a very nice Christmas!  I sure love our family!

No comments: