Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer Fun - Week 9...The FINAL Week!

Summer Fun - Week 9
We made it...FINALLY!  This summer went fast, but it was also exhausting.  If I never take another picture, or plan another activity, it will be okay by me.  I'm actually somewhat looking forward to school starting and having a "normal" schedule.

ANYWAY...this last week of summer started out with an "activity hangover", making it so we just bagged a few of the activities and took a more low key approach.  Our week ended up going like this:

We had an unplanned Lazy Day...which I particularly liked..., a short lived trip to the Library (Addison quickly discovered the drinking fountain, thus soaking her shirt in 2 seconds flat, and jumping off the benches in the children's section) followed by some Grocery Shopping - thrilling isn't it? (Although grocery shopping with all four kids IS an adventure).  The older three girls then went to have a Sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa Davis's (the house was eerily quiet...even Molly seemed disturbed by the quiet.  This is really when I should have done my grocery shopping...duh), we went to Kangaroo Zoo (where Addison once again discovered the drinking fountiain), then Emily and her girls came into town (YEAH!), and we hit the Splash Pad (again...we love that place!), and FINALLY made it to Hogle Zoo (thanks to a SWEET hookup)!

Besides Hogle Zoo, I failed at picture taking this week as well...OH WELL!


Kangaroo Zoo
 We ended up doing this activity at 4:30 in the afternoon.  At first, I was worried about how this would go, being that close to dinner.  But it ended up being the PERFECT time.  We completely avoided "the witching hour" and the kids had a wonderful time!
(These pictures are with my phone)



Hogle Zoo
We have been looking forward to going to Hogle Zoo for a while now, and were SO excited when a family friend said she could get all 10 kids, and 2 of the adults in for free!  What we didn't realize until later, was that she was going to get us in using her zoo pass...which meant she had to meet us there to show her ID, and then stay to get us on the train and merry-go-round as well.  We were so incredibly grateful!  We had a fabulous time, and were SO glad Emily and her girls and my mom and dad were also there! The weather was overcast and cool, the animals were out and playing, the kids were in good spirits.  Definitely one of the best zoo trips we've ever had!  I took over 100 pictures of the day...so be grateful I was able to consolidate to just these few collages.
(You can click on the collages to see it bigger.)


Back to school...HERE WE COME!

No comments: