Friday, May 18, 2012

Antelope Island - A Hidden Gem

So I've lived in Utah for...oh...my whole life (minus the time spent away in Texas and Washington) and for some odd reason, I always forget about Antelope Island.  

We decided to head out there on a whim a little while ago, and it is really kind of fun!  The kids loved wading around in the water (which was warm and only a few inches deep) and seeing a buffalo.  Pretty much all we did, but it was still fun.  

I did find myself standing there at one point thinking, "This is really pretty.  Why do I always forget about this place?" 

Without further ado...here are a ton of pictures.  
You're Welcome!
The best group shot we could get at the Visitor's Center

Then Brielle starting a "posing frenzy"...which turned out quite entertaining.




Jumping off the curb...thrilling isn't it?

It was a bit chilly outside, so we had our picnic in the car.  Addison thought she was pretty hot stuff sitting in the front seat.


Heading out to the water.

Addison was unsure about the sand at first, but quickly got over it.

Finally made it to the lake!

It was about this deep everywhere, which was perfect for the little ones.


Brielle was the first to discover a sink hole with really nasty dark mud in it.

Addison's goal was to catch that "duck" (seagull) and chased it all over the beach.

Claire unfortunately found a BIG sink hole and sunk all the way up to her bum  with one leg.  She wasn't happy, and that ended the trip.

After all the fun, I went to get the girls cleaned up in the shower area (I did think ahead and brought clean outfits for them all) just to find out that you could either pay to use a shower stall, or use a tower where the water sprayed over the kids head, which made washing their legs impossible.  So I did the next best thing and took them all into the girls bathroom, took off the muddy clothes and cleaned them up in the sink.  It was awesome.

All in all it was a great little outing and the girls LOVED it.  Definitely something we'll have to do again.

2 comments:

Emily Hartvigsen said...

I'm lame and never comment on anyone's blog anymore. Ha ha. But I had to comment on this, because we recently went out to Antelope Island too! It is fun and pretty out there! I never think to go either, but since we live so close now, it has been on my mind more. :)

Parrish Family said...

I have never been there either. Maybe its time to make a visit. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!