Monday, January 16, 2012

Cake Pop Party!

With today being a holiday, my family decided we needed to do something fun.  So we all got together to have an absolutely amazing dinner prepared by my parents (Barbeque chicken, salmon, shrimp, salad, rolls...it was to die for and took them 4 hours of prep and cooking!) and then followed that up with Aunt Sara teaching the kids (and adults) how to make cake pops!

It is definitely days like today that I am so grateful to be near family again!  I took almost 100 pictures, but don't worry...I didn't put them all on here.  It's just a warning that there are a lot of pictures involved.


Before the festivities began, me and Aspen (my sister) tried getting a picture of our little babies together.  Aspen's baby was perfectly happy and content just laying on the floor.  Molly had been asleep, so when I laid her down she started doing the newborn scrunchy faces and grunting and curling up in a ball...but it's still fun to see them together.

Jasec and Molly - Molly is 2 weeks older, and you can tell the difference that 2 weeks makes!


Jasec lounging at Grandma and Grandpa's.  Seriously the cutest boy!

And then the fun BEGAN!  Sara was SO patient with all the "helpers" she had.  They started by making the cake so it could cool completely before finishing the cake pops.

All the baking girls.  Note Sara's awesome apron.  I believe it's for one of the baby granddaughters, but it looked so great on her as well. :)

Brielle announced "Safety First!" and had us all laughing
After the cake was done, Aunt Sara gave Addison the beaters...she wouldn't touch them at first


Then Grandma showed her she could use her fingers
Cake Pop dipping - and eating - after dinner
     
Even Grandpa got in on the dipping action

Hard at work


Finished Products
Molly woke up and was happy after the party was done

Molly's sweet hair, I LOVE IT!
After things were winding down, Claire got hurt.  Uncle Ben is a big softy...just don't tell him you know that...and was letting her sit with him.  Addison doesn't like to share Ben, so when she saw this she had to squeeze in as well.  Wherever Ben is, there is sure to be at LEAST one grandchild.

 The night ended with some sister love.
Claire adores Molly
Brielle LOVES Molly as well
It was such a GREAT day.  
We hope to repeat these fun things a lot this year!

2 comments:

Aspen said...

It was pretty fabulous! So fabulous, in fact, that I was totally worn out and had to go to bed early :)

Brittany said...

I'm glad you're back with your family too! That looks like a blast! So I have a question, what's the secret to get the cake pops so perfectly round? I tried making them once, and they were scrunched up, and sadly mishapen. Sometimes they would even fall off into the chocolate. Maybe it's just me, I never was much of a baker! :)