Let it be known that today is quite possibly one of the BEST days EVER!
Since I am not in the physical shape to go shout this news from the rooftop (plus it's covered in snow, which seems a bit more dangerous than it's worth) I will have to do so from my technological rooftops.
Facebook and Blogger.
So this is me shouting:
MARTY GOT HIS ORDERS TODAY!!
I cannot even begin to tell you how beyond excited we are for this! It has been a very long, difficult, emotionally and physically exhausting 6 months, but the light at the end of the tunnel suddenly got VERY bright.
No more hoping, praying (we'll still pray for other things) and wishing. Now we KNOW that Marty will be coming home to us for good in a couple of weeks! That's only 6 more times I have to bathe all 4 kids by myself (yes...I counted, because it's getting old.). Only about 14 more nights of putting all the kids to bed by myself and sitting in the dark, lonely basement all alone.*
So here we go, back to a civilian life. And I couldn't be more excited!
HALLELUJAH!
*Okay, to give my parents credit, they help out a TON. They help with baths, holding Molly while I wrestle other kids, making meals - particularly my dad's famous breakfasts. They help babysit, listen for sleeping children if I have somewhere to go, cleaning, laundry, breaking up fights, entertaining kids, taking kids to church while I'm home with Molly, and the list could go on and on. Also, they do invite me to watch movies with them, or to hang out at night. I'm not banished to the basement. But I usually decline so I can watch my own smutty shows without them judging while also listening for the kids.
We couldn't have survived this phase without my parents, that's for sure!
6 comments:
Yay!!!!!!! Not gonna lie, I'd be terrified if Dust got out of the Military. Lol. But I'm so happy that your family can be all together now!
Your "smutty shows" comment made me chuckle! We're moving in with my in-laws for a bit till we find our own place, and that's one thing I've thought of...there's certain shows I just can't watch in front of them. ;)
Anyway...I'm so happy for you and your family!
YAY!!! Now that's some good news!!!
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you guys finally get to be all together again. For good. It's about time! (I'm sure I don't have to tell you that though.) Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way in the meantime.
YAY!!! Finally! Oh, I'm so happy for your family. What a relief!
That is so great, Camille! Congrats!
Post a Comment