We just got back from a "vacation" to St. George for the baby blessing of my newest little niece, Kennedy.
I would use the term "vacation" lightly however, because I pretty much feel like I got ran over by a bus. My kids - however - had a wonderful time playing endlessly with their cousins, sleeping in the same room as their cousins, and having no responsibilities.
Why is it we get SO excited about a vacation, then after it's over we're just so grateful to be back home?
Anyway, while I continue trying to recover from the "vacation", I thought I'd at least post some of the pictures I took while we were there. Of course I didn't take my camera to anything that involved the actual reason we were there, you know...for the baby blessing...but I did take pictures at the park one day.
We had put all the kids in their swimsuits under their clothes to go to a splash pad. When we got there though, the splash pad had closed the day before...nice luck...so we played at the park instead. It started raining and the kids took their shirts off saying "this is the splash pad now".
And now for the pictures.
Swinging...Addison's FAVORITE thing to do. Luckily Grandpa was nice enough to keep her swinging and stay with her for a nice long time.
Monkey bars, slide races and climbing were also favorite activities.
As well as doing things that would have made Marty quite nervous.
And laughing at silly video's Grandma took on her cell phone.
Claire tried to pretend she was sad about the rain...but we got the truth out of her.
Laughing and playing with cousins.
And Grandpa's FAMOUS pancakes.
For the kids, the trip couldn't have been better. And really, I guess that's all that matters.



















2 comments:
Hey, you make it sound like it was all bad :) So what that no one slept, that we had a fire scare, that it was 290 degrees in the basement or that the wall paper was enough to scare your pant off! Where's your sense of adventure !!
We were so glad to have you guys come down, despite some rough accommodations :) I can't wait for this week to see you guys again!
Post a Comment