Okay, so this is a very out of the norm type of post for me, but I just couldn't help myself. It is the BEST customer service I've ever had!
I LOVE Build-A-Bear now! (Not that I haven't always...) But just yesterday, they earned my love even more.
Back in April, we took the girls to Build-A-Bear in Washington and they each got an animal. At the time they were running a promotion where you got a $30 gift card but only had to pay $25. So, we bought 2 of them intending to use them for Christmas. (Which thank GOODNESS we thought ahead as things are super tight thanks to the Army not letting Marty out yet and living in two different places...and now we at least have that to use towards gifts for the girls.)
Anyway, the lady at the store said that she would load both the cards we bought onto one for me so I didn't have to keep track of them both, which I thought was super nice since I'm not the best at keeping track of things like that.
So, jump to yesterday when I decided to start browsing online to find some little outfits for the girls Build-A-Bears. I get to the checkout and put in the gift card information.
It says "$30 applied to your purchase."
I found that odd, since my gift card was supposed to be for $60. So, I tried again...same thing, "$30 applied to your purchase."
I decided to call Build-A-Bear to see why it wouldn't let me use the whole gift card on the purchase, thinking maybe it was some strange policy of theirs.
Imagine my surprise when the lady says, "Looks like there's only a $30 balance on the card, and there wasn't ever $60 on it." (She was saying this VERY nicely...so it wasn't snooty like it might sound.)
I was pretty frustrated and said, "So basically I got screwed out of $30, that kind of stinks."
She asked me what happened and I explained the whole buying 2 gift cards that were supposed to be loaded on one.
I fully expected she would insist I prove it with a receipt, tell me that was tough luck, or try to offer me some small condolence with a little 10% off your next purchase coupon or something. But you know what she did? She said, "That DOES stink, and it's not right! I'll put in a gift card request and get that other $30 loaded on there. I'll give you a call as soon as it's done so you know you can go ahead with your purchase."
I couldn't believe it!
I thanked her profusely and said goodbye.
I am SO happy and grateful!
Thank you Build-A-Bear, you just made my day (and some little girls who will love the clothes for their animals)!

3 comments:
They should pay you for this because now I want to go shop there just to support that kind of service! :)
Maybe the Army/military should take lessons from Build-a-Bear. Haha!
That is awesome! I thought all customer service was crap now, guess not. :)
Yea for good customer service! You know who else has awesome customer service? REDBOX!! Also, did you know they have Dairy Queen build-a-bears now? So cool!
Post a Comment