Tuesday, August 9, 2011

24th of July/Just like old times.

So, I finally got around to getting my camera out of my car...I win major awards for picture taking of course...and decided I should probably blog a little so Marty can at least see that we aren't dead here in Utah without him.  Not that we don't talk to him, but like I said I'm winning awards here on the picture taking front.

First of all, we got to Utah on the 23rd of July just in time for the BBQ and water party to celebrate the 24th (Pioneer Day).  It was awesome to be back in Utah in time for this holiday, and to claim that the party was to welcome us home.  I took some pictures that night...but then my camera battery died and I was too lazy to charge it (seriously, I have got issues!).  But here are some pictures I DID take.


The younger 4 grand kids enjoying their food.


Two girls SO happy to be reunited....even with sun in their eyes.


 Two more girls equally happy to be reunited.

Slip and Slide fun begins.

Brielle was the master (of the kids).

Claire tried.


She did a little victory dance for "making it" all the way down.

 Visiting with my wonderful Grandparents from Arizona.


Next on our Utah FUN agenda...shadowing Grandpa everywhere he goes.  The girls just want to sit out in the garage with him all day.  I asked him if it reminded him of the "old days" when me and my little sister Emily would just go wherever he was, and he said it definitely reminded him of some happy times. 

Claire talks his ear off, so I asked if she was as bad as Emily was...he said she was getting close.

The "Peanut Gallery".


They actually did this on their own, without instruction and asked me to take a picture!  Amazing.

A couple silly faces.



And Addison acquainting herself with the garage, making herself at home.

 So far being back has been great, although we are lonely for Marty to get here and a little anxious to have things start to fall into place and get settled.

But in the meantime, we'll just bum around at my parent's house and let them spoil us!  I think it's the perfect plan.

3 comments:

Parrish Family said...

I LOVE your girls sitting in the garage watching your dad. And I love that you asked your dad if Claire talks as much as Emily did. :) Sounds like your girls are glad to be back!!

Emily said...

Probably not the best day to read this post, made me a little teary - but I had to defend myself!! I resent the chatty comment ;) ha ha, just kidding - I know it's true and Dad misses it whether he knows it or not! I hear Els is quite the chatter box too, so I'm not alone!

I love that your girls want to be with him too - very cute pics!

Andrea McEntire said...

I hope you get a well deserved break. It looks like your cute girls enjoyed themselves.