Since I know people are really checking into this blog to hear about ME and only me...I will happily oblige and give you what you are in search of.
Plus, it's kind of my favorite topic to write about.
(As long as it's in sarcastic tones.)
I don't know about those who have blazed the trail before me, but for some reason this fourth pregnancy is kicking my trash! I'm not more sick, not more hormonal, not in more pain. But I am BEYOND tired. I don't know that any amount of sleep would make me feel less tired, and I'm pretty sure this level of exhaustion while exerting little to no energy has never been achieved.
And as much as I am enjoying all this talk about me, I really HAVE to divert your attention to what I REALLY wanted to write about. I know, I sucked you in thinking you were going to read a nice big post all about yours truly only to fool you.
But alas, it must be done.
What I REALLY wanted to write about was Marty. I owe him a HUGE thank you for all that he does.
(Including enduring a frilly daddy daughter dance with the girls and living to tell about it.)
If there's one thing Marty LOVES (not to be confused with loathes), it's attention and hoopla directed towards him. So I'm going to make that a reality today and brag about how fantastic he is.
Marty is seriously the best husband ever! If it weren't for him I'm not sure our kids or house would be surviving right now. As tiring as this pregnancy has been so far, it seems like Marty has just gotten better and better at it, picking up the slack without saying a word. I haven't heard him complain once about the added responsibilities he has willingly taken over, and really he would have EVERY right to complain, because I am not the funnest pregnant lady to live with. (I know this seems shocking since I'm so incredibly delightful in all my interactions with people.)
There are many days that Marty is not only being the fun, crazy, silly dad, but is also taking over many of the mom "responsibilities".
-Some days his relaxing lunch break/nap on the couch turns into feeding the girls and doing dishes.
-Some days he comes home from a long day of work and happily offers to cook dinner if I haven't.
-His Saturday's to catch up on sports, reading or sleep have turned into doing all the grocery shopping, errands, yard work and making sure the "chores" get done around the house. (Although I did go grocery shopping a few days ago...I'm trying to get back into normal life.)
-Some nights he takes over all the baths and bedtimes with the kids.
-His evenings to veg in front of the TV have turned into late night runs to the gas station for some strange craving I have.
And you know what...he always does it all with a smile.
I don't know how he does it.
Today I fell asleep on the couch while he was home for lunch, and of course, in true Marty fashion, while I was asleep he put Addison down for a nap and kept the other girls busy and told them not to bother me
(I really didn't mean to fall asleep, I swear!)
But when I woke up, something dawned on me.
Here and there Marty will throw out a little "Maybe this baby should be our last" type comment. I usually just roll my eyes. I have always assumed he said this because he worries the stress of raising and caring for any more than 4 kids would just be too much for him.
But I think I was wrong. I have decided he COULD handle more kids.
It's another pregnancy that might put him over the edge.
Poor Marty....he really got the short end of the stick.
I guess the good news is the nausea seems to be slowing down and I'm feeling a little better and have started trying to pick back up my end of the responsibilities. Unfortunately the nausea seems as though it is being replaced with raging hormones, and all I want to do is cry all day.
Marty just can't win!
So, thank you SO much Marty! You're sure a peach, and our little family is SO lucky to have you!
(And all those other babies waiting to come to our family are lucky too. ;) )

4 comments:
Camille! Congrats on being pregnant! I'm not sure when I missed that, but anyway, it sounds like you have a great husband to back you up. :)
aw. I was hoping for more Camille. but I guess Marty will do. :) Seriously, though, that's sweet. It always makes me happy to hear that husbands are being nice. Way to go Marty!
Marty is a winner :) And yes, poor Steve keeps asking me what's wrong and why I'm grumpy. And I'm thinking, why do you THINK? I'm reproducing here! And yes, I'm 100% sure he's counting down the days until he can name this baby LAST or FINITO and never face this same situation again :)
yay marty! i'm so glad he's such a big help! i'm sorry your pregnancy has been so hard with the nausea and exhaustion!
Post a Comment