*First off, I have to say I have no idea what's up with Blogger...it's not putting my blog into the feeds (like Google Reader) or will a week later, and then my posts are all messed up. I'm hoping I got it figured out though.*
This pregnancy has been FLYING by.
I'll admit it, I had a bit of a panic attack yesterday when I realized Addison will turn 2 in 4 months...which means we will have another baby in about 4 1/2 months. WHAT THE HECK?! I don't know which I'm more nervous about, both could be quite interesting.
I think one reason this pregnancy is flying by (besides my life being a constant three ring circus making time seem non-existent) could be that I've only been to the doctor 2 times rather than the normal 3-4 by this point.
Now before you think I've gone all weird and am refusing prenatal care, it's not my fault. I don't know what my doctor's deal in Washington was, but he just didn't want to schedule more appointments than that. I would have preferred going the typical once a month to get that reassurance, but I'm not really one to complain to a doctor...especially when I know I'm moving anyway.
Luckily we're back in Utah now and I am able to go to my doctor that delivered both Brielle and Claire again (YEAH!). I know I'll be happy and in good hands.
Anyway, up until the last week, I honestly haven't even given much thought to what the gender of our baby is. I don't know if it's because I'm too busy or what, but I also haven't had a really strong feeling either way - with the girls I always felt strongly they were girls. So maybe the lack of a strong feeling means it's a boy? Or maybe I'm just so used to our babies being girls that I just can't imagine anything different.
A lot of people are predicting it will be a boy...but that could be wishful thinking at the same time.
Obviously because of our family being all girls, the first question I ALWAYS get is "Are you hoping for a boy?" Followed closely by "Will this be your last?"
My answers to both...I don't know.
But now that the date of finding out what the gender is quickly approaching (hopefully this Thursday...fingers crossed) I am really getting anxious to know!
My younger sister is due any day now with a girl, and my older sister is due with a boy 3 days after me! So either way, my baby has really close cousins.
So, here's hoping my doctor either wants to do an ultrasound since I'm "new" at this point, or he'll buy into my sob stories and do one to be nice.
When I was pregnant with Claire all it took was dumping my urine sample in my pants to get him to do the ultrasound for me. I'm not above trying that again.
But I really hope he doesn't remember me for that....

3 comments:
Aw! I'm so excited for you all!! Your gils will be great big sisters either way! :) I got really annoyed when everyone always said, "Oh, another girl?" "Are you dissapointed it's another girl." People don't mean to be rude, but they do need filters on their mouths once in a while.
How exciting, and every time someone said "Oh, another girl, well maybe next time." I wanted to punch them in the face. Lol. I was not a very nice pregnant person... I'm so excited to find out what you're having!
Ha ha, I'm sure you can find some way to convince him to do the ultrasound. :) Either way, it will be fun for your baby to have playmates around the same age. Let us know what you find out!!! (PS- So glad you get to be back with a familiar doctor. That should make it even better.)
Post a Comment