*Please excuse me as I embark on a little keyboard therapy*
It's funny how something you have been counting down days towards can suddenly turn from being something that you're anxious to do, to something that is causing you anxiety in the blink of an eye.
I have been anxiously hoping for time to move faster so we can finally get our family back to Utah. But now that the time really is fast approaching...still without an exact date...it's causing me a bit of anxiety.
We've just been told it could be as soon as 10 days. Now I don't mean Marty could have orders in 10 days and then we'd have a month or so to move, I mean that when he does get his orders, we have 7 days to leave. SEVEN DAYS! I don't know how to go from wondering when we're going to move to having 7 days to do it.
So we have no way of REALLY planning, since we don't know when the orders will come, just that they keep saying "soon".
Some anxiety inducing questions:
What are we going to do when we get back to Utah? (pretty broad...but really, what are we going to do?)
Will Marty be able to start immediately at his job or will there be a gap causing a gap in pay checks?
Will I be able to smoothly transition to doing my job from my parent's house or will I have to take a large amount of time off to get things set up?
Will insurance kick right in at Marty's job so I can get into an OB quickly?
If Marty is able to get a better job, will the insurance have a long probationary period before starting?
Where are we going to live?
Where is Brielle going to go to school? Do we just put her in at the elementary by my parent's (since we'll be there while we figure stuff out for a little bit), put her in the elementary with her cousins just down the street the other direction from my parent's, or decide where we WANT to live and drive her to school every day?
Are we going to feel settled before our baby comes?
Are we EVER going to feel settled again?
Is my body going to hold out during all this or will I start into the horrible sciatic nerve/hip pain soon? (Okay, that's not really about the move...but it is causing me a little anxiety!)
We have averaged 1 move per year since we've been married, which has been 7 years. Moving back to Utah and bunking up at my parent's house will be move 8. Then of course there's moving from there to wherever we end up...move 9...all within this year. It's exhausting just thinking about it.
So while I'm very excited to be back in Utah with family and familiarity...I am feeling very anxious about the what now? and the unknowns.
Luckily I know the Lord has a definite hand in our lives, we have seen it countless times before, and we know things will work out in the end.
I just have to have faith to not go crazy in the meantime.

4 comments:
I know the feeling. It's often the unknown that gives me a lot of anxiety too.
This grown up stuff is harder than I thought it would be sometimes! :)
So I've been a bit behind on keeping track of other people's blogs. First, congrats on your pregnancy! I just read your post all about it and what a surprise it was, crazy! And, good luck with everything. You guys definitely have a lot on your plate right now. I hope your move and transitions are all smooth. Good luck!
Don't stress too much. (I know. I would be freaking out too.) Everything will work out though. And then you'll live in Utah again and be by family again, and everything will go back to normal! :D Well, until the baby comes! lol Congrats again. I'm so excited for the big changes in your family. :)
It will all work out, but I understand the stress of moving, esp while pregnant is really hard. Good luck with everything, and i'm so happy for you that you get to live in Utah again!
Post a Comment