Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Birthday ME!!

Yesterday was my birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!

I wish I could say I don't feel any different than last year...but I would be lying.  This has been a LONG year (it went quickly, but it was jam packed with STUFF) and I am convinced that the light hairs on my head are just blonde and that my hair is trying to go back to its original color of my childhood.  If you tell me otherwise, I will flick you in the forehead. (I'm talking to you EMILY.)

Marty is no fool and knew the day had monumental potential for an emotional breakdown due to the fact that I - for the first time in my life - was not "home" for my birthday.  So, I woke up to about 50 balloons all over the family room floor, a WAY cute note, a black cat stuffed animal (it has significant meaning to us) and a gift.  Marty had stayed up late the night before blowing all the balloons up...by mouth.  He said he got super light headed and thought he may die, but was willing to die to give me a happy birthday.  What a good man he is.  I couldn't help but ask him why he didn't get one of those little pump things for the balloons...his response: "They make those?" Gosh I love that man.  He then made me a cheesecake (the Jello no-bake variety...but hey, my husband used the electric hand mixer!) and let me choose our menu for the day.

(Mmm...Olive Garden for dinner...)

 
Unfortunately our children decided to partially derail the day by being sick.  Claire had bronchitis last week and while she has been on antibiotics, she is still a bit grumpy.  Brielle has a cold, but it hasn't gotten worse.  But when Addison started coughing, I was really worried.  So I spent a good portion of the day at urgent care with her.  They did a chest x-ray because they heard some "rattling" in her lungs.  Turns out my little baby has bronchitis too.  They put her on some medicine and she seems to be improving - thankfully - but we'll have to keep a close eye on her.

(Mmm...Olive Garden for dinner...at home in a takeout box.)

So, although there were parts of the day that weren't the most exciting, I felt loved and special and am so grateful for my wonderful husband who understands and is willing to pick up the slack while we're away from family. 

P.S. Thank you to all the family and friends for the cards and kind words!  It meant a lot to me!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those little things mean so much. I'm glad you had a good day...mostly. I hope your kids get better soon. I hate having sick kids! And Happy Birthday!

Mike and Michelle said...

This is Michelle Ball by the way. Sorry, I didn't realize my Dad was logged in!

Trevor said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet husband to do so much to make it memorable. And hooray for Olive Garden!

Kristy said...

Happy, happy birthday, Camille!

Dusty And Mandi said...

Awe, such a sweet husband! Happy Birthday!!!! Yesterday was my hubby's birthday too. Ha ha. And Yay for Olive Garden! I love Olive Garden!

Cleverly Triple said...

HAPPY BE-LATED! sorry i didn't say happy birthday on your actual birthday. i rarely get online during the weekends. sounds like marty was a good husband and did agreat job. :) i'm sorry you had a scare at instacare (no rhyming intended).
yummy olive garden...you're making me crave it now!

The Yospe's said...

Happy Bday! You and my daughter share a bday... fancy that!

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a sweet hubby you have! I hope your kids feel better soon!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Happy Birthday!!! I LOVE the pictures of your kids on the side of your blog! Did you take them?

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad Marty made it nice for you. It would be hard to be away from home and family on your birthday. And to have sick kids on top of it all! But it sounds like it was still a good day and that you are definitely looking on the bright side of things.
PS - Love the new pictures of the girls on the side. And you got Claire not pulling a silly face. :) They are darling!