Friday, April 10, 2009

It's the President?

Today we were driving home from a fun day spent bashing our heads, getting stuck in the slide, running around like crazy people and possibly eating bark at the park.
*
The kids on the other hand were quite enjoying themselves. It was great fun.
*
We were driving past a field where two little llamas, or alpacas {really, does anyone know the difference?} were grazing. I said to Brielle, "Look, do you see those?" Her reply:
*
"Yes, I see them, they're Obama's, right?"
*
Yes, of course Brielle, it's our President himself grazing in the field. Looks like Nick Jr's. little "spotlight" on President Obama has really stuck with her.
*
It took all I had not to laugh and not correct her, letting her live her life believing that those strange little animals were known as Obamas.
*
But I did the nice motherly thing and said, "No, they're O'llamas."
*
I'm pretty much the coolest mom ever.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

ok, that is the funnest thing. I like o'llamas better than llamas. :0)

Mike and Michelle said...

That is awesome! I needed a laugh!

Annie said...

Ha ha! That's great! Thanks for the laugh!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Hilarious!

Anjuli said...

That is so funny!

Heather said...

That REALLY made me laugh! And yes, you ARE the best mom ever. What fun you have with your girls!

Johnson Fam said...

Haha! That's awesome! I needed a good laugh! I love it when kids say stuff like that, it makes my day!

Annie said...

Hey!
We changed our blog address www.liveforlittlemoments.blogspot.com