I was informed by my dear husband last week that he was feeling a bit of withdrawal over the fact that I have slacked off on posting things on the blog.
*
*
Really??
*
*
He wondered if I would be upping my posting schedule soon or not.
*
*
Really??
*
*
After his asking that, I wanted to say, "Well...aren't you leaving in two weeks and won't have a clue what I do with the blog anyway?"
*
In fear of sending him in to a hormonal crying fest at the thought of leaving me and his two little girls, I opted for another response. I told him that I just don't have a whole lot to write about.
*
He reassured me that I did.
*
Really that wasn't all that helpful, I could have used examples. So I asked him what exactly I should write about.
*
He told me to write about him.
*
I did the next best thing and found one of my favorite...possibly embarrasing...pictures of him to share with everyone that could possibly stumble across our humble blog.
*

I guess I could be a good wife and go on and on about what a great husband, father and friend he is and how he makes us all laugh and be happy and that the two weeks we have left with him seem to be closing in on me without even knowing it.
*
But where's the fun in that?
*
And have I been known to go in to great detail about my family relationships and have a blog filled with sap?
*
I would say not!
*
Instead I would like to write about pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, or pumpkin chocolate chip bread....really anything consisting of pumpkin and chocolate chips = super good.
I had a desire for some this afternoon and in a moment of pure awesome domesticity, I went online and found a recipe (yeah, domestic and online don't REALLY go together...I should have a closet full of cook books with all the information I need...one step at a time though.)
*
I couldn't just use any old recipe I found, it had to be one with rave reviews and the highest level of stars that were possible to get.
*
After I found the perfect recipe, I printed it out - which apparently is like rocket science on the site I was on, sheesh - created a shopping list of the ingredients, packed up my kids to head to the store and successfully made it inside the store in one piece.
*
After all this effort, I lost interest in making my own creation and went to the bakery and bought a dozen pumpkin chocolate chip cookies all packaged and ready to go.
*
They say that you enjoy things you create (cook, sew, plant etc.) because of all the time, effort and hard work you put in to it.
*
I'm here to say that I enjoyed these cookies a GREAT deal, because really I did put a lot of mental, emotional and some physical effort in to getting them.
*
Sometimes dirtying all my dishes, making a huge mess and waiting hours to eat something just isn't worth it.
4 comments:
for shizzle my nizzle, drity dishezzels suck almost as bad as wearing that terrible itchybond lipstick.
Oh Camille, you are so hillarious! I had to read that O'llama thing to my family and they all laughed, too. Thanks for keeping us all happy!
I'm just proud of you for "thinking" about making cookies - that's quite a big step for you. :) He he he, remember that I love you and I'm your favorite little sister!
I would rather buy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies as well!:) That picture of Marty is hilarious by the way!;)
Post a Comment