For those of you who care, my little tiny Brielle turned 4 years old yesterday. Something about the 4th birthday has been QUITE strange for me. I am pretty sure it's that in a year she will be of the age that she can start going to Kindergarten. WHAT THE?! I'm pretty sure that's just crazy.
*
We had a nice little birthday party with family at our home - well technically it's Ben and Sara's home, but that's just a technicality. :)
*
Brielle could hardly stand herself all day knowing it was her birthday and waiting to open the presents. It didn't help that it was conference Sunday so we did nothing but sit around at home all day....I mean listened to conference and were spiritually uplifted like no other.
*
As people arrived we decided we should probably be kind and feed them first. Brielle scarfed her food and then sat perched on her birthday chair watching everyone else eat. Finally she looked at me and said, "Why are people taking so long to eat?!" She was obviously ready to open the presents.
*
Tell me, how can you teach a 4 year old manners about presents? She would tear open a present and glance at it. I would get excited and talk to her about it or explain if she wasn't sure what it was. She - without flinching - would say, "Oh" and grab the next and tear it open as well. What a kind, grateful child I have raised. :)
*
The pictures are for the people (my mom and Emily) who weren't able to make it for the party and felt bad.
*
Brielle perched on her birthday chair...yes, she made this face all day!
This is my "attempt" at making a butterfly cake. I know you're wondering why I didn't put a close up picture...but trust me it looks MUCH cuter from afar. :) And please...don't judge me, especially you Mary :).
The aftermath of tearing open the presents.
Sporting her new royalty jewels.

Did I mention I can't believe that I have a 4 year old?
6 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday to Brielle! I love the picture of her sitting atop the chair...she looks like she will just leapt off with excitement. The cake looks amazing...you are silly. A butterfly is just perfect for a spring birthday and Conference Sunday. Looks like a fun time.
Happy Birthday, Brielle! Wow, I can't believe she's 4. Time sure flies! I think the butterfly cake looks great! Good job!
Happy Birthday! She is adorable!!! I think all 4 year olds have the same mannerisms when it comes to opening presents, so don't stress it. :)
adorable cake by the way...wish i could be that crafty.
Ha Ha! I almost felt like I would pee my pants myself seeing that excited/anticipated look on her face! So fun!
Those pictures were awesome! Your butterfly cake rocked! Too bad I couldn't have seen it in person. :( I can still hear Brielle on the phone, "why aren't you comin' to my birthday party?" It made me laugh and feel bad all at the same time!
Those are some pretty awesome jewels... ;P
Post a Comment