I survived! It was a little touch and go there, I was concerned for my own well being and my emotional state...but alas, I made it. I'm sure you're all impressed that I went without internet, TV or home phone for a little over a week. I don't know how, basically I'm just really awesome.
*
We are finally "moved" in to the new place...I say "moved" because technically all of our stuff is in the house...it's just not all put away. It's normal to never finish unpacking right? Of course. I plan on living a normal life and keeping many things in boxes. Mostly those labeled "misc." or in other words "box of junk that we don't have any idea what to do with but aren't sure if we should throw it away". Those boxes I have steered clear of...sad that there are more than one of them.
*
I thought I had "de-cluttered" or "de-junked" before coming....but those 42 trips to the dumpster, 2 trips to DI and 1 trip to Kid to Kid and we STILL have more stuff than I remember. Where does it all come from? I don't know...it can't possibly be my fault.
*
So, that about sums it up...we moved, we've got lots of junk, we finally are part of the high tech world again, and my emotional state is now balancing out again. What more can I ask for?
7 comments:
I know how you feel about "stuff". We will be moving this summer and I'm already trying to get rid of stuff and thinking of all the stuff we have that I don't know what to do with. How did the pioneers do it?
A lot of our "stuff" is hanging out in sealed boxes in our garage. I don't imagine I'll be changing that anytime soon. :) Take your time with, don't overwhelm yourself :)
We have the same problem, our basement is loaded with boxes we haven't even touched in over two months. I'm glad you are all moved in and back in touch with the world. Good luck with all the unpacking!
I'm glad you survived it and welcome back to the high tech world. I told Sara I want to see pictures, same goes for you! I would love to see how things look.
EMILY
P.S. I'll get Dave's going rate for your projects... oh, you wanted them for FREE?? My bad :)
I'm so happy you survived! I hope you are liking your new place!
Glad you are all settled. You are a brave girl taking on moving especially during the holidays. Remember clear back when we moved? Yeah, still have lots of stuff to unpack or get rid of. Honestly, we're not that old, how to we accumulate so much?
don't worry, it's normal to leave stuff packed....forever. at least it's been 6 months since we moved and I still have many many boxes, ironically labeled 'misc' in our garage or basement. lol.
Post a Comment