Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh the noise!

Do you ever look back to reflect on your day and wonder how you made it through?
*
You know the kind of day I mean, the kind where if one more person (doesn't matter the age) screams, cries, yells, whines etc. you're pretty sure you're going to have to admit yourself to the insane asylum. (Do they have those anymore?) Most of my days are NOT that way, but we have our occasional one that slips in there.
*
Claire was having a particularly bad day a couple days ago...I know this is SHOCKING to people, seeing as Claire is normally so mild mannered (by the way, Brielle also has bad days...hers are just more annoying than entertaining, is that rude?). This particular day I was pretty sure she was out to get me...for what reason I do not know. She just whined and cried and threw tantrums no matter how hard I tried....or didn't try....to console/distract her. It of course just wasn't working and I was about at my wits end.
*
Then Brielle came around the corner like this:

She had found my ear phones that I use for work and put them on. She then walked over to the couch, sat down and folded her arms. I asked her what she was doing and she said:

"I'm wearing these so I don't have to hear baby Claire's crying anymore!"

I guess that about sums it up right?

*Disclaimer* Claire IS actually a good kid. As of this very moment she has been playing and laughing happily all day with Brielle. I love my kids...really I do...but where's the entertainment value in "Today my kids sat and quietly played Barbie's for 3 hours."?

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Once again, Brielle is hilarious! Sounds like she had the right idea that particular day.

THE BENNION BUNCH said...

HOW CUTE! I THINK I NEED A PAIR OF THOSE HEADPHONES FOR MYSELF.... WE HAVE THE TANTRUM THING IN OUR HOUSE TOO.

Emily said...

Now that really is funny when Brielle even wants Claire to stop whining! :) Thanks for sharing that with the picture - it totally made me laugh out loud!

EMILY

Mike and Michelle said...

Yes, I have had many of those days. I love the picture of Brielle with the headphones! I hope you are having better days!

The Johnson Fam said...

Okay, so I have been trying to visit your blog forever but it always said it was unavailable, but lo and behold, here you are! Yeah for me, now I can read all your funny posts. It always seems like when you are having a bad day, your kids can cheer you up just by being themselves. Love it, those headphones are hilarious!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

She is so funny! I wish I could wear headphones when my kids are freaking out! Good call Brielle!:)