So...let's get real here. Things haven't been exactly peachy with Marty gone. Sure, we're alive and surviving, but things have been rough at times - especially when it comes to a certain 4 year old who misses her daddy and is acting out - A LOT. Lots of tears and screaming, but we're doing our best.
Anyway, Sunday was another one of those FANTASTIC (except the opposite) days where we had a few tantrums, including one hysterical screaming fit that lasted 45 minutes...all because I told her she could get her own cup of water. Oh yes. This is my life.
We finally got over that, played with the cousins for a little while, ate some dinner and then we went outside. I had originally gone outside to try and get some pictures of Claire - who turns 7 this week - but soon everyone else followed, and they played and played in the driveway and park. It really turned the day around and helped end it on a much better note. And because I had taken my camera outside with me, I took the chance to sit and take a bunch of pictures of the kids.
And now, you get to enjoy those pictures! You're welcome!
(you can click on the pictures to see them larger)
Jeep Rides - always a favorite (it was a bit windy outside)
Molly makes some funny faces
Brielle - I blackmailed her into smiling nicely with a picture of a horrible face she made. Total parental winning moment.
Claire - The attempt at 7 year old pictures didn't go as great as I'd hoped. Then I sat down to just watch the kids play and all of a sudden, she remembered how to smile and be cute in front of the camera. :)
Addison - this kid is kind of a nut, but so funny.
(don't mind her outfit, she had been playing dressups before we went outside)
Molly - what can I say. She's the cutest little girl. And SO sweet.
Especially her "cheese" face
We had a limb hanging down low enough that the leaves hit the car when we'd drive in and out of the driveway. I mentioned that I should probably cut it off, but Claire discovered it worked great as a "Tarzan vine". So they swung back and forth on it for a while until it finally broke off. Which means they took care of that job for me.
Can I just say how much I'm going to miss our huge, long driveway?
Anyway, back to what we were talking about. After the limb was broken off from the swinging, they used it to play "tree tag". Someone would hold the limb and chase the others around with it. When you got touched by the leaves, you had to freeze. I only took pictures of Molly's turn with the limb, becuase it cracked me up.
And there we have it! A beautiful Sunday evening out in the beautiful St. George weather. Grateful for moments like that to get is through the tough times.
No comments:
Post a Comment