Most of these were posted on Facebook...but I needed a little walk down funny lane tonight. So I am posting them here. Enjoy!
************************
Conversation between Claire (5) and Addison (2 1/2):
C: Addison, I bet I can get you to say black.
A: Black.
C: NO. You're supposed to say "how?"! I bet I can get you to say black.
A: How
C: Tell me the colors of the flag. *whispers* They are red, white and blue.
A: White, blue, orange, yellow....
C: NO, red, white and blue!
A: ...Pink, red, brown.
C: No, Addison. You're supposed to say red, white and blue. Okay. I bet I can get you to say black.
A: I not black!
C: No, the colors of the flag are red, white and blue.
A: I not blue!
C: Ugghhhh....
Poor Claire, her comedic genius was lost on the 2 year old.
************************
Addison quickly looked up at me with a worried look on her face and said: "Uh-oh! My panties!" Expecting the worst (an accident) I went to check. Nope...just a wedgie. Apparently it's her first wedgie since potty training, and she was not happy about it.
************************
Favorite quote from Halloween night comes from Claire. Her and Brielle were discussing why someone came up with Halloween:
Claire: "Someone probably made it because they wanted to be able to go for a nice little walk...and maybe get some candy at the same time."
************************
Addison was sitting at the table, and had two fingers in her nose. When I asked her what she was doing, she said: "My fingers are walking in my nose. Do you want my fingers to walk in your nose?" I politely declined the offer. Then she said, "And now I throw boogers in your eyes." and acted like she was flicking it in the direction of my eyes....I blame Marty.
************************
During sacrament meeting in church, Brielle said she needed some water. I told her that was coming around soon to which she said: "I know how I can get more water!" Expecting that she would think taking more than one cup would be okay, I hesitantly asked her how. Her response: "I can just add the water to my spit!" She's a thinker that one.
************************
We like to lovingly refer to Claire as our "absent minded professor". While she is FAR above her grade level at school, her imagination often makes it so her attention span at home is...less than desirable. One morning I was getting the kids ready for school, and told them to get their shoes and socks and coats on. Once they were done, they were allowed to sit down with Addison to watch a show (the only way I can keep Addison quiet and out of their way in the mornings). So, Claire knelt on the floor to watch a show. (So I couldn't see her feet...which is important to the story) She had on her coat, gloves and backpack and was ready to go. When the time came, I said:
Me: "Okay, time to go to school."
Claire: Got up...and had no shoes on.
Me: "Uh, Claire, where are your shoes?"
Claire: Looking down somewhat confused..."uhhh....I don't know".
Me: "Remember how 5 minutes ago I told you to get your shoes?"
Claire: "Oh right....yeah...I forgot."
Some days I worry about that girl. But I sure love her!
************************
I came home from doing errands one day, and was greeted by Addison at the top of the stairs...hissing.
Addison: "Ssssss....ssssss.....*whispers* I a nake (she doesn't put the S sound at the beginning of snake).
Me: "Oh....awesome."
Addison: "Sssssssssssss."
We sat down to dinner, and Marty asked Brielle to say the blessing on the food. Addison said that SHE wanted to say the prayer. So, while Brielle was praying, Addison was praying as well...in snake.
Brielle: "please bless the food...."
Addison: "Ssssss sssss sss ssss...."
Brielle: "amen"
Addison: "ssss"
Addison: "ssss"
It was too funny to really reprimand But I guess at some point we should explain that praying as a "nake" is not necessarily reverent.
No comments:
Post a Comment