Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Prouder Parents

I think it has been well established on this blog that conversations with Claire are always entertaining.
(Like her glasses?  They're fake glasses frames that she insists on wearing and says without them she can't see.  She is even insisting she needs them for school. This girl...)

So I give you another one.  

You're welcome.

Claire:  Max (name was changed, but it's a boy in her preschool) likes the color green.  His coat is green and Army color, and he likes Army guys.

Me:  Oh, did you tell him your daddy was an Army guy?

Claire:  No, because daddy isn't an Army guy.

Me:  Not anymore, but he used to be.  Did you tell Max that?

Claire:  No.  Daddy isn't an Army guy, he's a doctor guy.

Me:  Uh...not exactly.  He works on hospital equipment, but he isn't a doctor.

Claire:  Well, I really hope when daddy grows up to be a grandpa, you and him can be doctors.  Because then your parents would be REALLY proud of you.

Me:  Oh yeah?  You don't think they're already proud of us?

Claire:  Well...they are proud of you, but they'd be even prouder of you if you and daddy were doctors, and if you worked.

Me:  So they'd be more proud of me if I worked?

Claire:  If you worked as a doctor, yes.

Me:   Hmm...I'll see what I can do.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Love that girl!

Parley and Anna said...

Seriously, I say we set up a betrothal now! :) She is too cute!

Aspen said...

Honestly, Claire is one of my favorite little people. It makes me happy that I'm her aunt so that I can always be around to enjoy her!