Friday, December 16, 2011

Molly Maxine Davis

Welcome Molly Maxine Davis!
December 15th, 2011 - 1:00 p.m.
8 lbs. 10 oz.,  20 inches long

Our sweet little baby girl made her entrance via scheduled c-section Thursday afternoon.  
(Yes, we were originally scheduled for the 20th, but my doctor loves me and moved it up to the 15th.)


Molly is lucky enough to get her middle name from her Great Grandma Campbell.  As soon as we found out she was going to be a girl I instantly knew I wanted to use Maxine as the middle name.  We decided to wait to ask Grandma Campbell though until we had the baby, just in case for some reason we changed our minds.    So Grandma was my first phone call, and she was gracious enough to let us pass on her name to our sweet girl, now we just pray and hope that Molly will grow up to be as wonderful as her Great Grandma!

The c-section went well, it took a little longer than usual because my doctor - again - loves me and did remove a lot of previous scar tissue, apparently giving me a mini tummy-tuck.  Love him! 

Here's how things went yesterday.

Goodbye belly.

Hello awesome outfits to go in the OR.

Hello beautiful Molly!

Molly is an ANGEL, she rarely cries, eats like a champ and is alert and content.  We couldn't be more happy and grateful for her wonderful little spirit.  She is definitely proof that you can grow a big baby on a steady diet of ice cream!  A theory I wasn't purposely planning to prove, but now that I know how well it works I will tell everyone I know about it!


The other three girls are all very excited as well...well, at least Brielle and Claire are, I'm not sure Addison has any idea what is really going on, although she loves to see the baby and try to poke her face and eyes (I'm sure it's out of love...right?).







 This is what Addison wanted to do the whole time.  What baby?  Look at this big bed!


And there you have it!  

We are excited to have Molly in our family, she is already very loved!

7 comments:

Emily Hartvigsen said...

So exciting! I can't get over how cute she is!
What an adorable group of girls you have!

Dusty And Mandi said...

She is so gorgeous! Love the picture of all your girls together. Our little girl got the name Maxine from a grandma as well. :) And I am SOOO happy your husband was there!!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! She is darling!

Erica said...

My sweet Grandma Maxine passed away today. She was an incredible woman. I'm sure your sweet Molly Maxine will grow up to be a gem, just like her own namesake. Congratulations! She's beautiful.

Parrish Family said...

Congratulations! She sure is a beautiful baby! And your girls look so cute holding her! :) And I am sure once that cute baby gets home Addison will put it all together! :)

Brenda Smith said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see what color her hair is ;)

Brian Nye said...

Congrats you guys, that is so awesome. I am very happy for you. Hope all is going well with you.